Graybar Electric Company, Inc., is a fortune 500 company with $6.6 billion in annual revenues and a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, communications, data networking and security products and solutions. With 150 years of experience, 8300 employees strong and 290+ locations across North America, Canada and Puerto Rico, we believe that no other company in our industry can match our experience, stability or reputation.
Our goal for success is simple. We listen to what our customers need, connect them to the right solution and then deliver on our word.
We help our customers’ power, network and secure their facilities with speed, intelligence and efficiency.
Would you like to be part of the next generation of Graybar and carry on our tradition?
We are currently seeking a Warehouse Leader to support to our highly successful wholesale distribution business located in Philadelphia, PA.
Lead assigned areas of Branch warehouse operations including logistics processes, employee management, facility management, inventory management, security, safety, housekeeping, equipment utilization, business system applications, and all other functions designed to meet or exceed branch customer service standards.
What are your responsibilities?
- Lead activities of employees engaged in loading, unloading, selecting, packing, shipping, receiving, and transportation of merchandise.
- Supervise incoming and outgoing shipment activity; ensure efficient, accurate, and timely customer service to ensure service goals are attained.
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment and any material(s) contained thereon in the manner consistent with the intended purpose of the equipment and the manufacturers’ instructions.
- Maintain the warehouse in an orderly and clean state; follow all Company safety procedures; perform daily safety inspections.
- Maintain security of merchandise and equipment, and ensure safe working conditions; responsible for all warehouse loss prevention programs; responsible for the accuracy of the daily cycle counts.
- Determine routing and legal load limits of trucks, inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and direct movement of shipments from shipping and receiving dock to storage and work area.
- Compile records of unfilled orders, post weight and shipping charges, and prepare bills of lading.
- Ensure all warehouse procedures are followed, including Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and hazardous material shipping; participate in, or may lead, Warehouse Steering Committee.
Requirements we seek:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3 years of warehouse operations/logistics experience required.
- 1 year in a supervisory or team lead role.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers’ instructions and safety instructions.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, including the ability to perform physical requirements, adapt to seasonal changes, significant temperature variations, and inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or its equivalent is required.
- Team player who also can work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Highly proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite. SAP a plus.
- Highly organized with attention to detail a must.
- Ability to thrive and succeed in a fast paced environment.
Why Join Graybar?
Competitive base compensation and commission
Comprehensive benefit plans.
Time off policy.
Training & development.
Opportunity to work for an employee owned company that is admired for its financial stability, innovation and management quality.
Fortune Magazine - 2018 World’s Most Admired Companies - #2 Wholesale
Selling Power magazine - #20 Out of the 50 Best Companies to Sell for in 2017
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) - http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf