Full Job Description
* * * * * Special Preference: Consultant with the “Right-to-Hire” * * * * *
5 – 7 as a Business Analyst within an IT discipline
Minimum of Education
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics.
This consultant must have previously worked in or have knowledge of the following Industries:
Operating within the IT organization, the Business Analyst will function in a formal analyst role to gather and document business requirements for software modernization and cloud re-platforming deliveries within a large, multi-work stream program (creating new web applications, data visualization, and reporting tools) focused on the needs of Risk Management Analytics colleagues — with emphasis on Natural Catastrophe Modeling and Actuarial business workflows. The successful candidate will also help to promote and grow Agile and DevOps practices within the IT and business teams. As a member of the IT team, the Business Analyst will coordinate between the business and other IT groups (developers, project manager(s) QA team).
Candidate Must Haves:
- Strong knowledge of insurance/reinsurance.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, as applied to software development of web applications in modern stacks.
- A very strong understanding of development activities, business analysis, and project SDLC.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidate Nice To Haves:
- Prior Insurance Risk Management experience with preferred emphasis on Catastrophe Modeling and Actuarial applications, vendor tools, and business people.
- Experience with Azure DevOps tool set and its use in coordinating requirements between business and developers.
- Strong experience in understanding, writing and using database queries in SQL and/or PostgreSQL platforms
- Identifying gaps between system capabilities and business requirements.
- Leading the translation of business requirements into development activities, test conditions and expected results.
- Partnering with a business-side BA resource to maintain official requirements list, and assisting the business to create a Definition of Done for each requirement to prevent scope creep.
- Serving as librarian of requirements for approximately 5 software products
- Creating technical implementation roadmaps.
- Applying standard software development life cycle methodologies and ensuring compliance with standards.
- Ensuring timely completion of milestones
- Providing status updates to the business stakeholders
- Maintaining proper documentation and bottom line budget-focus
- Planning and coordinating User Acceptance Testing activity
- Assisting with creation and curation of valid Test Data for use by business.
- Assisting with the development and execution of change management and training throughout the organization, during the Implementation of system solutions
- Developing effective working relationships with the IT team, business users, and external vendors.
- Working with the end-user community to record and prioritize maintenance and development activities/needs once the system is implemented.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in Business and Systems Analysis role.
- Solid and successful experience in gathering requirements from the business users as well as system enhancements/bug fixes specifications.
- A track record of building strong relationships with business users.
- Strong Experience coordinating activities with developers, testing and other IT functional areas.
- Experience with Web application development projects is required.
- Excellent team player with a proven background of individual contribution.
- Minimal experience with common database products (SQL and/or PostgreSQL) is required.
- Must be business service focused.
- Experience with content management systems is highly preferred.
- High performance in core leadership and collaboration skills including
o Excellent oral/written communication and strong meeting facilitation
o Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented focus
o Professionally assertive and collegial
o Ability to multitask
o Excellent problem-solving
o Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to communicate extremely effectively with all parties including business professionals and technical professionals.
- Must be able to be understood by all parties;
- Must not have any translation restrictions or hindrances while working with multiple professionals
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $45.00 to $50.00 /hour
- business analysis: 6 years (Preferred)
- Web application development projects: 3 years (Required)
- UAT: 5 years (Required)
- system enhancements/bug fixes: 3 years (Required)
- SQL and/or PostgreSQL: 5 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: