Horizon Community Bank (HCB) is an Arizona based independent community bank. HCB has an immediate need for a Sr. Commercial Credit Analyst at its headquarters office in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Lake Havasu City is a nationally sought out resort and retiree destination point for outdoor enthusiasts located on the Colorado River. This position supports the commercial lending platform through financial and credit analysis and underwriting processes by gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective clients and portfolios. Makes recommendations and supports decisions regarding the extension of credit for diverse loan types. Investigates and analyzes credit. Prepares and delivers credit presentations to loan officers and credit committees for use in making credit decisions on new, renewal and extension loans. Monitors customer accounts and loan portfolios in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss. Supports the analytical processes involved with determining Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL); board reporting; regulatory reporting; credit portfolio stress testing; internal and external loan review; and financial auditing.
- Providing quality service to internal customers through undertaking risk assessment analysis of various types of lending proposals.
- Analyzing financial information such as balance sheets, income and cash flow statements, and periodic financial reporting of all types.
- Perform loan and portfolio level stress testing of financial results, collateral and credit variables.
- Develop models and methodologies of credit information to predict patterns and trends using specific statistical software.
- Assessing the overall credit worthiness of client companies.
- Stay informed of regulatory, policy and procedural requirements to ensure compliance throughout the underwriting and credit administration processes.
- Keep well informed as to market conditions as it relates to assessing risk in credit transactions.
- Liaising with other staff within the company, such as account managers and product specialists to support the delivery of new and expanded products and services to clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by management of the bank.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or Statistics with a strong basis in financial accounting.
- Well developed credit analysis and analytical skills supported by formal credit and cash flow training.
- Well developed skills in the use of proprietary or non-proprietary analytical software supported by expert level skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Some experience in credit portfolio management.
- Experience with government guaranteed and credit enhanced lending programs such as SBA 7A and 504 as well as USDA.
- Direct experience with Buker’s Tax Analysis and FSA analytical software would be beneficial.
- Basic knowledge of credit administration, policy and procedures.
- Good knowledge of economics and finance.
- Basic knowledge of risk analysis.
- Effective technical report writing skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work in and appreciation for the personalized and more intimate independent community bank environment.
Physical requirements include accurate keyboarding skills, manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate files and other documents, and vision sufficient to work extensively with computer display, handwritten and printed data.
Job Type: Full-time
- Commercial Credit Analytical: 3 years (Required)