Functions as the lead systems administrator on the California campus for the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and 2016 infrastructure, Active Directory (on-premise and in Azure) and all services of Office 365. Designs, tests, deploys and administers Windows infrastructure servers and applications. Manages system and security updates with WSUS and SCCM, utilizes advanced PowerShell scripting for configuration and automation. Maintains configuration management for Active Directory, performs Microsoft recommended health checks, manages GPOs and applies Microsoft best practices in a multi-domain AD forest. Works closely with Florida campus counterpart to maintain configuration, process, procedure and policy parity. Functions as a liaison with system vendors and coordinates work associated with external maintenance agreements and service providers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides system administration for Exchange Online, Skype Online and other Office 365 components.
- Provides system administration and support for Windows Server 2012 and 2016 in a VMware Enterprise environment.
- Responsible for Active Directory administration, design and oversight both on-premise and in Microsoft Azure for a multi-domain, single forest deployment.
- Manages Active Directory integration with Okta.
- Performs configuration, patch and security management using WSUS and SCCM.
- Administers complex configuration, installation, and maintenance of operating systems and upgrades, patches, applications on-premise and in Microsoft Azure.
- Diagnoses complex software problems including plan development detailing functional steps, identifying potential pitfalls and down time, establishing a rollback plan, communication protocol, conducting a dry run in a test environment and vetting the plan with management prior to implementation.
- Manages and recommends system configurations and consults on system lifecycle issues; provides ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization.
- Determines applicability and feasibility of new operating systems, software upgrades and patches with full consideration of application and hardware requirements, security, and end-user requirements.
- Designs, deploys, and documents build process of new servers and applications; develops and maintains scripts and applications for system configuration, management, maintenance, and logging; utilizes formal change management tools.
- Leads and manages assigned projects to completion.
- Makes system enhancements and modifications based on evolving business requirements.
- Logs maintenance, system configurations, and hardware/software repairs; maintains log for system hardware and software modifications.
- Troubleshoots and identifies root cause of incidents through a problem management process.
- Utilizes advanced PowerShell skills for configuration management and automation for on-premise systems, systems hosted in Microsoft Azure and Office 365 administration.
- Implements systems for monitoring applications and servers and responds to alarms in a timely manner during and after business hours.
- Ensures adequate disaster recovery and business continuance plan effectiveness to protect critical data and ensure operational readiness.
- Aids in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and knowledge base documentation.
- Functions as a liaison to the desktop support group and provides third tier support regarding user accounts, email, email archive, central data storage in Dropbox and OneDrive, and other system questions.
- Functions as liaison with systems vendors and service providers; coordinates work associated with maintenance agreement obligations; tracks design and operational problems to be corrected by vendors.
- Continuously interfaces with Florida campus counterpart to maintain configuration, process, procedure and policy parity for all shared systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required in a technical field such as Computer Science or Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Minimum 6 years of relevant system administration experience in a hybrid Microsoft Windows and Unix server environment.
Experience with enterprise collaboration applications, directory services, and central storage systems in a network environment.
Excellent skills managing Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365.
Ability to handle multiple projects and able to work in teams or individually.
Ability to work independently with little daily supervision.
Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
Strong customer service skills.
Demonstrated senior-level experience with various operating systems, storage platforms, computing architectures, and server hardware such as Microsoft Windows Server, NetApp, Dell, Cisco UCS.
Demonstrated mastery of Windows PowerShell.
Proficient in reading and writing programs in at least one, but preferably more than one programming and scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, and csh/sh/tcsh/ksh.
Demonstrated experience working with LDAP, MS Active Directory/Exchange, VMware.
Extensive knowledge of varied and relevant network protocols (DHCP, WINS, DNS, TCP/IP), associated analysis tools, hardware and system management applications, including SCCM and Nagios.
To learn more about this opportunity and submit your application for consideration, please visit our website at https://careers.scripps.edu
If you are a person with a disability who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in TSRI’s application, interview, and/or selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (858) 784-8534 for assistance.
Scripps Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.