- Punctual, reliable, dependable, outgoing, happy and pleasant to be around.
- Performs physical therapy procedures, to assist patients with physical or injury.
- Performs delegated treatment procedures such as therapeutic exercises to maintain and restore strength, endurance, coordination and range of motion; gait training and functional training for transferring and wheelchair activities; and treatment procedures involving the useof therapeutic equipment, machines, and assistive or supportive devices.
- Applies modalities such as hot and cold packs, paraffin, infrared, diathermy, ultrasound, ultra-violet, and electrical stimulation to relieve pain or promote healing.
- Encourages and motivates patients to participate in the treatment program by discussing and explaining their treatment goals and objectives.
- Progresses patient through treatment program, deciding when to advance the patient to more difficult activities, when to modify the level of activity, or when to interrupt the treatment based upon patient's reaction and response to the treatment program; reports observations to a physical therapist.
- Demonstrates, trains, and directs patients in the use and care of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches, and other special equipment.
- Writes progress notes in patients' physical therapy records documenting reaction and response to treatment.
- Maintains accurate records of therapy treatments performed and the duration and frequency of treatments that will be reviewed and countersigned by the physical therapist.
- Instructs members of other health disciplines or caregivers in standard methods of performing transfers, ambulation, and positioning of patients.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of a physical therapy assistant program in a school recognized by the Commission on Accreditation* of Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association and approved by the Physical Therapy Board of California and in process of becoming Board Certified by the State of California.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour