Clearance Requirement: Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
We are seeking a Systems Administrator for our Herndon, VA location.
This position will be responsible for employee onboarding, assisting computer/network users with issues, installing and configuring software, administering Windows/Unix servers (Virtual and Physical), applying patches and anti-virus, light to moderate network administration (DNS, Active Directory, DHCP, WiFi), and maintaining team’s virtual test lab environment.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Configuration of PC/Phone/Network hardware
- Installation and configuration of Windows/Linux/Mac operating systems and applications
- User support for PC hardware, software, and network issues
- Windows/Unix server administration
- Light to moderate network administration (DNS, Active Directory, DHCP), working with other IT functions as needed
- VM creation and management within the team’s virtual environments
- Analyzes distributed computing system requirements in response to demand forecasts and operations trends to determine, plan, and provide for system capabilities required for projected workloads.
- Plans layout and installation of new systems or modification of existing systems.
- Provides highly technical and/or specialized guidance concerning automation solutions to complex information processing problems related to the distributed computing environment.
- Knowledgeable in multiple current technology areas, including client/server computer hardware and operating systems (thick & thin clients), end-user desktop productivity software, remote management and software deployment tools and administration, end-user device security management, project management, and system integration across multi-tiered highly secure IT environments.
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge, maintenance requirements, and system configuration of operating systems, servers, and applications to ensure the operational capability of the Command's IT networks.
- Oversees the operations, maintenance, modernization, and day-to-day operations of both classified and unclassified networks in addition to supporting exercises and deployments, remote or deployed, while maintaining the basic garrison support requirements.
- Involved in all aspects of system administration planning, designing, implementing, troubleshooting, repairing, and providing recommendations for Enterprise LAN improvements based on customer requirements and new technologies.
- Primary responsibilities include patch management, update and application packaging and distribution, operating system deployment (OSD), IT system security related issues, threat mitigation and reporting, analyzing data to spot trends, managing patches for software certifications, data collection and reporting.
- Develops, implements, enforces and communicates security policies and/or plans for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business or a related IT field plus an equal amount of experience in lieu of education
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Security + CE Certification
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Advanced knowledge of imaging, patch management, scripting/automation, and software packaging technologies and processes, with emphasis on leveraging System Center Configuration Management (SCCM).
- Scripting experience - PowerShell, VBScript, and batch preferred.
- Strong experience with Group Policy Objects (GPOs), writing and troubleshooting, including software deployment and security settings and configurations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, software packages and products, including working knowledge of Windows 7, 8, and 10 platforms.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Desktop operating systems methodologies (file system, registry, services, etc.), as well as system tools and remote desktop support.
- Knowledge of MSI packaging tools.
- Ability to build and manage packages, collections and assignments with SCCM 2007/2012 console.
- SCCM client troubleshooting skills on the Windows 7, 8, and 10 platforms.
- Experience installing and configuring of LAN hardware and software.
- Experience in overseeing development and implementation of system specifications, designs, integration, testing, and documentation.
- Experience in monitoring the computer support to users, resolving system faults, and implementing approved security policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and perform rapid solution engineering under time constrained conditions with limited support.
- Experience developing risk management and mitigation strategies, ensuring compliance with QA standards, and excellent written and oral communication skills
Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation’s most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identify, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time