A Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant provides coordinated occupational therapy to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
- Graduate of an accredited school of occupational therapy assistant with an Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy.
- Current Texas State License as an Occupational Therapist.
- One year experience as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant.
- Therapy skills as set forth in the Therapy Practice Act and other regulatory agencies.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Reliable transportation.
- Valid drivers license and current auto liability insurance.
- Administers the occupational therapy treatment plan as developed by the OTR.
- Facilities patients ROM, strength coordination, use of adaptive equipment and environmental modifications functional mobility and safety issues as related to patients ADL performance needs under supervision of the OTR.
- Applies concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Promotes compliance with all fiscal intermediary and/or other third party payors, through education, coaching, and other assistance as necessary.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency.
Job Type: Part-time
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)