Are you an experienced, passionate, energetic Designer who has:
- Meticulous attention to detail and elite typographic facility?
- Strong client service and interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively?
- Good judgment and the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We are looking for an experienced designer to join our team. Projects will vary but will include: print and digital graphics, brochures, postcards, flyers, postage, signage, advertising campaigns, fundraising support materials and similar collateral.
Desired qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree, 3–5 years of professional design experience and:
- Demonstrated experience managing both print and digital projects—including budgets, schedules, and specifications—with an emphasis on production of ads and collateral, supporting a design team to implement design concepts across media.
- Efficient and thorough knowledge of the Mac platform and Adobe’s Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro) and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint (for template creation). Familiarity with project management systems and tools (i.e. Basecamp)
- Experience with After Effects, Premiere Pro, Media Encoder, FontLab, Bridge, CSS and HTML is a plus.
- Experience with writing production RFQs, POs, evaluating quotes, prepping files for print.
- Excellent communication and diplomacy skills and ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience maintaining clean files, folder structures, and archiving practices.
- Awareness of basic building construction and a sensitivity for material choices, fabricators, and various install techniques is a plus.
This is a full time position with a schedule of Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm, and as required for implementation of responsibilities and related museum activities. Ability to lift 30lbs, operate office equipment, spend long periods of time working on a computer screen, and general mobility throughout all museum properties is required.
Interested? APPLY NOW!
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA restaurant Marisol; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.