Research Scientist/Scientist AAV Production
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to discovering breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through the application of a deep understanding of degeneration biology and the principles of translational medicine.
We are seeking a Research Scientist/Scientist in the AAV Engineering group to lead our efforts towards the production of novel AAV vectors. The successful candidate will play a principal role on internal teams and collaborations with partner organizations, while utilizing a broad range of molecular biology, cell culture and protein biochemistry technologies to generate and characterize therapeutic vectors.
- Develop Denali's internal AAV vector platform and produce material for preclinical and research applications
- Purify and characterize AAVs for in vitro and in vivo applications
- Coordinate in vivo and in vitro experiments to support viral vector characterization and stability studies
- Collaborate with scientists in Biology Discovery and Translational Sciences to characterize lead therapeutic vectors and generate material to support in vivo efficacy studies
- Establish and supervise alliances with key production partners
- PhD with 2+ years of experience or BS/MS with 5+ years of experience .
- Direct experience with AAV vector production technologies, including transfection in mammalian cells and baculovirus infection of insect cells
- Familiarity with methods used to analyze vector purity and yield, including analysis of genome titers using qPCR, capsid ELISA, sequencing, capsid structural integrity, and transgene expression
- Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and to lead internal teams and external collaborations.
- Highly organized with excellent communication and critical thinking skills. Self-motivated with a strong collaborative spirit.