The mission of the Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (MAOF) is to provide for the socio-economic betterment of the greater Latino community of California, while preserving the pride, values and heritage of the Mexican American culture.
MEXICAN AMERICAN OPPORTUNITY FOUNDATION
Child Care/Pre-School Program
Non-exempt – Hourly
Site Supervisor, Program Director, Program Manager and/or Teacher(s)
To assist in the instruction and care of the children and to provide for adequate adult supervision of children.
Responsibilities and Authority
Under the direction of the Center Supervisor, and the Teacher(s) to whom assigned, assists in instruction and instructors’ groups of children, following lesson plans, and assists in assessing and documenting children's development.
- Assist teacher in group instruction and activities by teaching, preparation of materials, demonstrating, supervising play and activities, assisting to serve meals, nap time routine, and other activities as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for regular activities (indoors/outdoors) assigned and carries them out with minimum supervision.
- Provides children with a learning environment which will help them develop socially, intellectually, physically, and emotionally in a manner to their age and development stage.
- Takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of the children and insures that children are supervised at all times.
- Assists in documenting attendance and in maintaining and insures that children are supervised at all times.
- Assists children during snack and mealtime.
- Assists Teacher in maintaining an orderly environment inside and outside. Cleans and straightens up, maintaining well arranged, orderly, and clean environments inside and outside.
- Assists in the implantation of safety rules and supervises children in order to ensure their safety.
- Assists in the cleaning up and setting up the classroom and maintaining a well-arranged orderly environment indoors and outdoors.
- Supervises children’s activities indoors and outdoors to ensure their safety.
- Assists Teacher with the preparation of weekly lesson plans and educational materials/equipment.
- Teaches arts, crafts songs, and games to children.
- Assists in individual group activities.
- Provides evaluations and observations to teacher on the progress and development status of each child.
- Supervises classroom when Teacher is on-site but away from the classroom.
- Attends staff meetings, conferences, workshops, in-service training, and parents meetings as assigned.
- Maintains clean and neat appearance in keeping with professional position and as an example to the children. Wears apron (provided by MAOF) daily. Wears appropriate clothes, shoes and apron/uniform provided.
- Carries out any other activities, which may be necessary for the proper implementation of the MAOF Child Care & Development Program.
- Minimum six (6) semester units in Early Childhood Education/Child Development.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in working with preschool children.
- Must have positive attitude with a desire to work with and promote the welfare of children and their families.
- Sensitive to the needs of the program and the children.
- Sensitivity and the ability to work well with diverse ethnic, religious and cultural groups.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Regular attendance, Monday thru Friday, according to schedule provided by the site supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Must meet State health requirements.
- Must submit to a pre-employment physical examination and Tuberculosis (TB) clearance at the time of employment, to be renewed every four years.
- Must submit to a flu vaccine once a year or provide waiver.
- Must provide vaccination records for influenza, pertussis, and measles, at the time of employment.
- Must provide proof of COVID 19 vaccination or apply for exemption.
- Criminal record clearance: FBI, DOJ and CACI must be cleared prior to employment.
- Fingerprint clearance must be obtained for continued employment with MAOF. A clearance number revoked by DOJ/FBI or State Licensing Agency will result in immediate termination of employment.
- Must complete LIC 508 Criminal Record Statement and Out of State Disclosure.
- Must complete AB 1207 California Child Care Providers: Mandated Reporter Training within 90 days of hire, renewed every two (2) years.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared through the Justice Department. Fingerprints clearance must be active and on file with the Justice Department.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and sit in lower sitting (e.g., floor/rug area, children’s chairs, and other children’s work areas). The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
MAOF is committed to a diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, MAOF provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.