ProVantage Corporate Solutions is a Merchandising Service Organization (MSO) who specializes in retail services such as new store set up of fixtures, signage and merchandise, remodels, merchandising services, and new product rollouts throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico.
What We Stand For
What you do matters, experience ProVantage's employee-first culture where you are appreciated, valued, and empowered to work together for a higher purpose living out our 5 Core Company Values:
- Spirit of Excellence
- Innovate to Elevate
- We Before Me
- Grace Through Generosity
- Doing the Right Thing
What You Will Be Doing?
Our Carpenters’ Helpers, Apprentices, Foremen, and Heavy Steel Installers perform skilled work involving rough and finished carpentry, steel rack assembly and anchoring for retail stores nationwide. Experience in blue-print reading, lay-out, framing, drywall, running base & crown, and other general carpentry work. Attention to detail, ability to work as a team and a positive attitude are a MUST !
- You understand the value of teamwork.
- You have a desire to lead by examplewith a grace of authority, embracing and adapting to change and maintaining respect, dignity and compassion.
- You exude a positive attitudeand sustain a contagious energy throughout entire shift.
- You are dedicated to supporting a safeworking environment.
- You are always learning! You are proactive in seeking out education, training and growing perspective
- You take pride in your work.
- You love checklists. You like to stay busy, balance priorities and utilize your organizational skills .
- You understand retail is an ever-changing industry and remain flexiblewith your schedule.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Read and interpret work orders to perform required carpentry and heavy fixture installations per instructions
- Verify accuracy of needed measurements and report discrepancies to project team lead.
- Report any project issues through chain of command, especially those affecting costs.
- Demonstrate safe and responsible use of tools.
- Communicate clearly and proactively to teammates to ensure timely completion of duties.
- Participate in all training opportunities
- Own basic tools (screwdrivers, open end wrenches, framing hammer, speed square, cordless drill/impact driver, circular saw (corded or cordless), dead blow hammer, pliers, tape measure, and level)
- Able to operate equipment such as- pallet jacks, scissor lifts, forklifts, Lull, etc.
Experience and Training:
- Relevant retail experience with full understanding of concepts, practices and procedures in commercial retail carpentry and heavy merchandising projects- preferred but not required.
- Building construction, warehouse and or Retail
- General math and problem-solving skills- required
- Knowledge of Carpentry- required
Key Attributes and Requirements:
- Must own steel toe boots/OSHA certified safety shoes
- Must have reliable transportation to all project locations
- Must be able to lift 70lbs or more overhead
- Must be able to bend, lift, walk/stand for 8 hours or more.
Job Type: Full-time