- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 7+ years experience in Operations, Supply Chain Planning, Labor Planning, or Industrial Engineering
- 7+ years experience in program management leading cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated track record of team leadership within a large-scale, rapid and process-driven environment
- Experience using data and analytics to make informed decisions
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders at multiple leadership levels
- Demonstrated sense of ownership, urgency and drive
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go.
Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, innovating team that’s making history and breaking new ground for Amazon? Are you obsessed with solving big problems? Do you think outside the box and challenge the status quo? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your skills and the organization? Can you create simple-to-use tools that resolve complex tasks? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
We’re looking for a talented, smart, and driven Sr Manager of Supply Chain Planning and Continuous Improvement. If you have a background in Supply Chain, Labor Planning, or Operations, the ability to work across multiple functions, and can coordinate inputs and resources from a diverse pool of stakeholders, you’ll feel right at home in this role. Your team will be responsible for many of the store pieces including S&OP planning, capacity planning, labor planning, associate tools product management, and continuous improvement.
Our team is comprised of highly entrepreneurial, flexible, and hardworking professionals, energized by working in an environment far closer to a startup than established tech company. Our group is comprised of diverse backgrounds and individuals with a willingness to roll up their sleeves, doing whatever it takes accomplish the Amazon Go vision. All team members must have excellent communication skills (providing frequent updates and insights to Amazon Go leadership) and be customer obsessed.
- Manage and Lead a team responsible for Labor Planning, Continuous Improvement, S&OP, Capacity Planning, and Associate Tools Product Management
- Partnering and consulting with Field teams on process improvement needs
- Provide critical thinking and influence cross functionally on streamlining processes within the overall Go Business
- Design and launch programs and tools to hit short to long term store labor goals
- Leading and owning the year planning processes and ensuring the team is meeting goals
- Communicate program and project status across a wide range of stakeholders and leadership levels
- Define and implement process improvement recommendations and create self-service solutions where appropriate
- Define, track and report program success metrics as well as weekly P&L metrics
- Tackle quick wins and take ownership of deliverables under tight deadlines
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Prior Physical Retail experience
- In-depth knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and its practical usage to solve problems and optimize processes
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated Bias for Action and Ownership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.