Nuss Truck & Equipment is currently hiring for a Fleet Truck Diesel Mechanic / Technician in or near Morris, Minnesota.
The primary responsibility the Fleet Service Technician role is to maintain a truck fleet at a key Nuss account who has multiple locations in Western Minnesota and other field customers. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Technician who has great technical and customer relations skills who can work independently and proactively. This customer has excellent facilities, clean shops and is a growing leader in their industry. This is a primarily a 1st shift position but may require additional hours depending on customer need. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, possess leadership skills, be organized, and have excellent communication skills.
You will be driving a full-service company Service truck.
You will usually be working in one of their local shops. Flexible schedule.
You will have the full support of the local Nuss Dealership: parts availability and delivery, technical support, training, and additional Field Technician support as needed.
You will be working in well-lit, heated and clean shops with minimal outside field work.
Occasional overnight stays during the work week, based upon work flows, company to provided lodging.
Please complete an application at https://nussgrp.applicantpro.com/jobs/ or you may visit our website at www.nussgrp.com.
- Provides excellent service for a fleet of trucks including all maintenance and repairs.
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicates proactively with the customer and maintains excellent relationships at all levels.
- Takes the initiative to bring other needed work to the customer's attention.
- Represents Nuss in a professional manner at all times.
- Performs safety and maintenance checks.
- Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
- Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous waste disposal.
- Proactively communicates job progress to service advisor and customer as needed.
- Completes service reports and other documentation as required by Nuss and/or customer.
- Attends factory sponsored training classes as required.
- Keeps abreast of and applies factory technical bulletins.
Skills, Qualifications and Requirements of the Position
Minimum: some coursework in Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment or equivalent work experience. Preferred: two-year technical school degree in Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment or equivalent experience.
Minimum: Two to three years of relevant diesel equipment repair. Preferred: Five to seven years or more of relevant diesel equipment repair.
- Excellent trouble-shooting ability with trucks and equipment.
- Field Service experience preferred.
- Fleet or dealership experience preferred.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills; possess a pleasant demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the company with professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Very good or better computer skills.
- Must have or be willing to acquire and maintain a valid CDL and Health Card in accordance with all applicable regulations.
- Must have or willing to acquire DOT inspection certification.
- Must possess clean driving record.
- Welding and hydraulic experience preferred.
Earn top tier wages, match your vacation and enjoy the security of a premium benefits package and generous hiring bonus with Nuss Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales and service teams support all segments of the transportation and construction industry. We have expanded to eight strategic dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville, Burnsville, Duluth and East Bethel Minnesota, and Eau Claire Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of experience providing highest level customer care and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $38.00 per hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- diesel Truck: 3 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Only full-time employees eligible