MIR Appraisal Services, Inc. is a small, research-based professional fine art and personal property appraisal firm in Chicago with a second location in the western suburbs. We are looking for an individual knowledgable in art history, skilled in content editing, and an eye for detail for a Winter internship project. Our small office environment fosters an immersive professional experience in which candidates will have the opportunity to participate in every aspect of the art appraisal and advisory process.
Required skills, qualifications, and traits:
- Currently enrolled in final year of undergraduate or graduate program, or recent graduate of in fine art, art history, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with professional and confident interactions with staff and clients
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and social media
- Detail-oriented personality, with strong managerial, organizational, and customer services skills
- Willingness to multitask and be totally involved with daily operations
- The ability to set and meet deadlines
- Knowledge in art history, design history, or a related field
Preferred skills, qualifications, and traits:
- Graduate student or recently graduated from a graduate program in art history or related field
- The ability to travel between our downtown and Burr Ridge office a plus
MIR Appraisal Services is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume. We offer paid or unpaid with college credit internships.
Job Type: Internship