Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Our small, dynamic, private K-5 school is looking for a positive, professional, creative, and capable Literacy Specialist who can also manage our school library. Our progressive learning environment provides strong academics and hands-on instruction with an emphasis on Differentiated Instruction, and a rich co-curricular program. Our family of teachers provides enriched and balanced curriculum for a diverse community of children.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
* Experience in Elementary Education
* Ability to share and instill the love of reading and literature
* Ability to manage small school library and lead enriching library sessions
* Current knowledge regarding language arts research and practice
* Current knowledge of language arts materials including core programs, supplementary programs, and children's literature
* Current knowledge of both group and individual assessment and how to interpret the results
* Ability to organize, manage, and maintain resources
* Willingness to work as part of a team
* Strong classroom management skills, with a proven ability to teach and support children
* An understanding of the academic, social, and emotional needs of elementary-age students
* Excellent communication skills, with an ability to interact positively and effectively with students, parents, faculty, and staff
Start Date: August 20, 2018 Qualified candidates, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references using the reply link above.
We are an exceptional elementary school with devoted parents and wonderful children. We offer a competitive salary and professional growth opportunities. To learn more about our school, please visit www.serendipityschool.com.
Job Type: Part-time