This Senior Architect position requires a senior C# and .net engineer and manager. This role will develop and manage an engineering team, and personally drive adopted architectural patterns, tools and frameworks selected, and management process to ensure that standards are followed and engineering produces high quality code.
Please only apply if you have current .net/C# development skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in the analysis and decision making regarding tools and technologies used in our software application stack;
- Define and refine software development practices, standards and quality approaches;
- Utilize team education, development and code reviews to ensure compliance to the standards and practices defined;
- Mentor and motivate development resources;
- Personally create proof of concept (POC) models to test potential new approaches and inspire the development teams;
- Personally write and audit code.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Engineering management experience within an enterprise software vendor
- Deep experience developing highly scalable web applications and services.
- Demonstrable experience building and grooming development teams
- Demonstrable experience implementing software development best practices and processes
- Prior leadership in fast growing companies
- 10+ years of experience developing enterprise scale applications using .net and C# technologies;
- 5+ years using Angular;
- 5+ years people management experience (leading development teams through multiple complete product development cycles)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Experience with technology relative to industry; .Net, C#, SQL Server, jQuery, Angular, CQRS, Domain Driven Design
Prior Insurance or Financial Industry Experience a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 5 years (Required)