Company Overview :
WORLDPAC was formed in 1995 as a result of several acquisitions of the top tier import companies spanning over 30 years of service in the import aftermarket. WORLDPAC imports and distributes original equipment (OE) quality replacement automotive parts for the import specialty repair shop. We offer the import specialist more than 100,000 part numbers at one source for over 25 import, as well as selected domestic applications. Our exclusive online catalog and fulfillment ordering software contains more than a 1,000,000 import and domestic multiple brand applications for virtually every automotive make and model.
Our mission is to be the best service and parts supplier in our industry. We will successfully achieve our mission by working as One Team driven by common values and principles throughout our Advance Auto Parts, CARQUEST and WORDPAC branches. Advance Auto Parts works hard to create a culture of honesty, integrity, mutual trust and dedication. Since our founding by Arthur Taubman in 1932, these values haven’t changed.
- Inspire and build the self-confidence and success of every Team Member
- Serve our customers better than anyone else – help them succeed
- Grow the business and profitability with integrity
Advance Auto Parts isn’t just your local auto parts store. We are the leading competitor in the auto parts industry. We are always looking for ways to better our strategies and broaden our horizons; which is why we are excited to build a diverse team of interns. This 12 week paid internship will provide hands on experience in DC operations, branch operations and leadership.
This isn’t a job shadow opportunity, this internship is the chance to get involved, contribute and truly experience being part of a great team. During your 12 week internship you will experience a fast paced culture, working on a team focused on growing the business every day. You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Gain understanding of dynamics in one of WORLDPAC’s largest Distribution Centers
- Understand inventory management
- Build strong networks with leaders across the organization
- Develop leadership and influencing skills
- Interact with our leadership team for your final project presentation
In order to be successful in a WORLDPAC Intern role, you must possess strong interpersonal, planning and organizational skills along with a strong sense of commitment. You must have a desire for continuous improvement and take initiative in your personal development and job responsibilities.
Undergraduate student in an accredited college/university, preferably, but not limited to the status of a rising junior or rising senior at the time of the program.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Organization involvement (student, professional, or community)
- Problem Solver
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to multi-task or handle competing priorities
- Interest in function/discipline
Well-developed mathematical and analytical skills. Must be able to analyze data, draw conclusions and create solutions and methodologies and implement them. Valid driver’s license in good standing as well as access to a vehicle; effective oral and written communication skills (Spanish is a plus).
Ability to lift and carry items weighing as much as 50 lbs., ability to climb, stoop, kneel, push and pull