FLVS Interns will be assigned to client engagements and introduced to basic accounting and financial analysis projects. They work closely with senior associates and associates to provide a high-level of client service. FLVS Interns must excel in a dynamic environment and take on new responsibilities as necessary while operating within the highest of ethical standards. FLVS Interns must possess fundamental business acumen and will help FLVS professionals:
- Conduct industry research and fact finding using various methods including the Internet, interviews, current publications, government databases, and other information sources.
- Analyze data using regression analysis, financial modeling, and spreadsheets
- Summarize information from analyst reports, industry research, and client materials to aid in the formation of expert opinions.
- Assist in the creation and presentation of findings
- Verify timeliness and accuracy of analyses
Professional Skills and Expectations
Technical and Client Service
- Develop knowledge regarding economic, valuation and strategy issues related to intellectual property, complex commercial disputes and business transaction processes. Subject knowledge in each area should be sufficient to manage a case that has different types of issues.
- Attempt to work through issues encountered in assignments by researching the issue at hand, identify solutions, and communicate the issue and the solution to the seniors, managers, senior managers or partners.
- Accept additional assignments; put forth extra effort to ensure assignments are completed timely and to ensure the best service possible is provided.
- Ensure all the documents have been reviewed and the relevant facts are given to the expert witness or individual testifying.
- Ability to grasp technology, understanding the capabilities of accounting systems. Self-sufficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interact with team members and clients, both internally and externally.
- Be proactive in asking for clarification and feedback, and guidance on assignments. Communicate timely with managing directors, directors, senior associates and associates the progress of work assignments.
Education and Experience:
- Comply with firm policies regarding daily time reporting. Have a general understanding of engagement economics.
- Review work in progress and be cognizant of budget busts and proactively communicate with seniors and staff on any budget issues.
- Ensure deadlines are met and cases with no deadlines are expedited especially if there are available staffing resources.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics with plans on pursuing a Master of Accountancy or related.
- A major and cumulative minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0 (undergrad) and 3.5/4.0 (grad)
- To perform the job successfully, the professional will demonstrate the ability to:
- Exhibit a high level of dedication with a positive attitude
- Work on multiple projects with others and independently
- Research industries, markets and economies and be an effective problem solver.
- Understand basic public accounting standards, systems and protocols
- Excel in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Utilize analytical and quantitative skills
- Understand financial standards, models and tools
- Uphold ethics and compliance
- Be part of team, have a professional presence and leadership skills
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge
- A current and valid driver license.
- Regular, physical, and predictable on-site job attendance.
- Routine same-day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars which requires use of a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars.
- Additional hours as needed to meet client expectations and deadlines.
Safety Hazards of the Job
- Minimal hazards. General office working conditions.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.