We are seeking Dog Walker & Pet Sitters to join our team! We are an established and well-loved dog walking and pet sitting company, and we are looking for personable, experienced and dedicated animal lovers to add to our great staff. At Happy Dog we believe in exercising both the body and mind, and treating all of our clients' pets with the same care and devotion we give our own.
Who we want: Enthusiastic pet lovers who can work a minimum of 3 days a week from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Where: Canton, Patterson Park, Brewer's Hill and the surrounding neighborhoods
- Handle general pet care tasks such as walking, feeding, playing, poop disposal, litter cleanup, kitty cuddles and puppy lovin’.
- Keep record of animal activity, behavior, and general well-being, including pictures, during each visit to share with the client.
- Engage in play activities and exercise with the animals; must be comfortable with both BIG and small dogs as well as cats
- Maintain a clean, healthy environment and a friendly, professional demeanor at all times
- LOVE dogs and cats (duh)
- 18 years of age or older
- *Must* own a (reliable) vehicle, have a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record (unfortunately Baltimore public transportation is not sufficient to complete this job)
- Previous experience in pet care, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to interact with animals in a calm, non-threatening manner
- Must live within ~10 minutes of neighborhood where services will be provided
- Own and understand how to operate a smartphone **Required to complete pet services**
- Comfortable navigating through Baltimore city (traffic, construction)
- Able to work with us for a minimum of 6 months; the pets will want to develop a long-term relationship with you
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Undergo and pass a criminal/background check
- Hang out with dogs and cats all day, plus a bit of exercise and sunshine!
- No desks, no cubicles, no sore bum from sitting all day
- Animals give the best positive reinforcement when you're having a bummer day : )
- Team hangouts, if that's your kinda thing
Pay: Happy Dog staff are paid per walk or visit, which shakes out to approximately $15/hour
How to score this job: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Thanks!
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Animal Care: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Hours per Week:
- 21-30 (Required)
- 31-40 (Preferred)
- 5 - 6 months
- 7 - 11 months
- 1 year
- More than 1 year
Full Time Opportunity:
- Store Discounts
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture