You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities, and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
How we serve our customers is constantly evolving and is a challenge we gladly accept. Whether you’re finding new ways to prevent identity fraud or enabling customers to start a new business, you can work with one of the most valuable data sets in the world to identify insights and actions that can have a meaningful impact on our customers and our business. And, with opportunities to learn from leaders who have defined the course of our industry, you can grow your career and define your own path. Find your place in risk and analytics on #TeamAmex.
As marketers at one of the most iconic brands in the world, we play a major role in building authentic relationships with customers who impact life and business around the world. Here, creativity and inspired storytelling combine with powerful data - based marketing and hyper-personalized digital communication to create a genuine human connection that drives business results. As a part of our diverse community of marketers you can have a breadth of different marketing experiences and do virtually anything from connecting small business to new customers to uncovering insights that inspire the future of payments. Create a dynamic career while doing work that matters for people and businesses everywhere. Find your place in marketing on #TeamAmex.
The incumbent will be part of the Regulatory Decision Science team reporting into Director – Regulatory Decision Science based out of New York. The incumbent will drive the next generation of innovations in credit risk models and interact with cross-functional teams to solve business problems.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Development of modeling framework to meet the credit reserve standards and CCAR guidance.
- Development and enhancement of models used to forecast credit loss under various macroeconomic scenarios using regression techniques as well as Machine Learning algorithms.
- Perform quantitative analysis to evaluate multiple alternatives to generate insights and derive recommendations.
- Provide modeling support and expertise on credit loss forecasting to various cross-functional teams, including Finance, Controllership, Treasury, and Credit Strategy teams.
- Exploration of new Information sources to improve risk discrimination and estimation accuracy over and above existing framework.
- Ongoing performance tracking of credit loss forecasting models and variance analysis of credit reserve levels.
- Development of business requirements and collaboration with technology partners for model implementation.
- The successful candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and a tremendous will to win.
- Fluency with data manipulation and modeling tools like Python and MLS and experience in data-driven decision making strongly preferred.
- Previous model development experience is desirable.
- Ability to apply advanced statistical and/or other quantitative techniques to solve business problems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are a plus.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to solve complex business problems.
- Advanced quantitative degree is preferred.
Salary Range: $90,000.00 to $165,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.