The Sr. Applications Analyst is responsible for implementation and ongoing support for a portfolio of enterprise business applications. The position reports to the IT Director of Applications and will work with IT team members, business leaders, and end users to implement project, working from concept through implementation and ongoing support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Act as primary ongoing owner for support of applications for a variety of departments including Finance, HR, Sales, Procurement, Operations, and more.
- Collaborate closely with business departments, other IT team members, and consultant teams to analyze requirements, propose, implement, and support solutions.
- Act as primary owner/administrator to configure applications to support business requirements.
- Test application changes to ensure quality.
- Analyze and execute activities that ensure dependable operation and maintenance of key systems.
- Carefully monitor production systems for problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Work closely with end users to provide training and support.
- Utilize and enhance department standards for operational excellence.
- Prepare process, functional, and technical documentation.
- Maintain strong relationships with business departments through effective communication and reliable delivery.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to continuously improve our people, processes, and technology.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure high quality implementations and application support.
- Adhere to prescribed production change control procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in a technology field
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst or similar roles with strengths in gathering requirements and system implementation/maintenance
- Experience working across a diverse set of business applications at the same time
- Deep experience with hands-on configuration and maintenance of business applications
- Demonstrated experience doing analysis and coordination for implementing and maintaining interfaces and file transfers between systems
- Demonstrated experience using structured processes for systems analysis, testing, implementation, and maintenance
- Ability to work independently with little direction and in a collaborative team environment
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Although not all skills are required, the ideal team member would have a mix of experience in these areas:
- Experience with the Microsoft Dynamic AX Financial System
- Experience using reporting and query tools, especially PowerBI or Microsoft SQL
- Experience with SharePoint
- Project coordination/management skills
Job Type: Full-time