Job Title Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
Department School of Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner Program
Location SON 0337A
Work Unit Description
The Family Nurse Practitioner Program seeks doctorally prepared faculty interested in balancing clinical practice with teaching and scholarship. The FNP program has high faculty-to-student ratios, state-of-the-art simulation, and curriculum designed for developing well-prepared, quality, advanced practice nurses. The FNP program serves students in Portland as well as those from around the state allowing them to stay in their home communities while attending the FNP program.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range
FTE: 1.0; Combined Clinical and Teaching
Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
Salary: Commensurate with education & experience
Schedule: To be determined
Job Type: Faculty
Functions/Duties of Position
The duties of this position include:
1. Clinical Activities: Active clinical practicethis may be one held currently or yet to be hired. There is a board-mandated clinical practice requirement for all NP faculty. In some cases, part-time clinical practice may be combined with part-time teaching to create a full-time job equivalent.
2. Scholarly Activities: Includes publications, presentations, quality improvement projects or other research activities
3. Education Activities: Teaching graduate nursing students in the Family Nurse Practitioner program and DNP programs. This includes teaching and leadership in program and curriculum development and advising and mentoring of students.
4. Service Activities: These activities could include university service, committee membership, professional activities and other community service and other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
5. Administrative Activities: As negotiated.
6. Other Activities: Other responsibilities as assigned by the program director in furtherance of the universitys missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
Education: Doctorate (PhD or DNP) is required or in process of obtaining doctoral degree.
Registrations, Certifications and/or Licenses: Oregon RN license, FNP license, and current CPR card required.
Experience: At least two years of clinical practice is required, within primary care practice preferred; teaching experience at the baccalaureate-level or graduate-level preferred.
Please include a copy of your CV and cover letter.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
How To Apply
Referral Bonus Eligible
Referral Bonus Amount
Drug Testable Yes