Reporting directly to the VP, Information Technology, the Software Engineer III will be responsible for supporting Narus Health’s technology development initiatives – both in internal facing and external facing products as outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects the essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The Software Developer III is responsible for evaluating and building forward thinking technology solutions that allow Narus Health to deliver best-in-class care management services. Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Defines business case objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to enterprise applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in software development.
- Other duties as requested.
A minimum of 5 years of comparable development experience, preferably in a healthcare setting. Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment where technology is positioned as a strategic driver of the organization.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability desired in the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in computer science or engineering required
- Specialized training, certification or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of programming/systems analysis experience required
- Broad level of understanding surrounding healthcare information systems and application architecture standards required
- Expert level of advanced programming techniques and application and systems design required
- Knowledge of distributed system architecture, middleware, or object-oriented analysis and design required
- Experience managing offshore / outsourced development resources preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing applications using Node.js, React and Amazon Web Services
- PostgreSQL, Node.js, React and Go experience preferred
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and analysis
- Strong ability to influence and engage with key stakeholders
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Proficient on Microsoft office programs
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent time management, flexibility and organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively in team setting
- Passion for Narus Health's mission
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Perform some repetitive motion activities
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Required close vision and the ability to adjust eye focus often
- Required to communicate vocally and hear using a standard telephone device
- Required to reach with hands and arms
- Requires minimal weight to be lifted (not more than 30 pounds) or force exerted on a regular basis.
- Required to communicate electronically
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will not regularly work in wet or humid conditions, endure extreme cold or heat or outdoor (non-weather) unless they are traveling between work sites. The employee will not function near moving mechanical parts, or work in high, precarious places
- Noise Level – The noise level in the employee's work environment is usually quiet to moderate
- Travel – moderate travel may be necessary for this position
We offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package that includes: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employer-paid Life, Supplemental Life and AD&D, Voluntary STD, Accident, and Critical Care Insurance, discounted Auto, Home, Renter, and Condo Insurance, Wellness, EAP Services, Paid Training, and Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Parental leave