DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Providing Opportunity, Assistance and Care for Arizonans in need!
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS):
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
1924 E. University Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85034
This posting will remain open until a sufficient amount of resumes are received.
The Quality Assurance and Integrity Administration (QAIA) is seeking a highly organized Executive Assistant with leadership knowledge. This position provides high-level administrative support for the QAIA Administrator and the administration. Drafts memos and prepares responses to inquiries; handles various aspects of the Administrator's calendar, including scheduling and preparing for all meetings. Prepares minutes and follows up on action items when applicable; interacts with internal agency and partner staff, as requested. Maintains accurate position control information for Administration. Performs extensive coordination between programmatic areas within the Administration and makes travel arrangements for administration staff; reviews and ensures the accuracy of travel claims for reimbursement for the Administrator. Position represents the Administrator and/or participates in meetings and special projects with other administration and Division leadership and/or their representatives concerning fiscal control, personnel issues, resource management, and coordination of State and Federal programs. Manages and/or participates in various special projects as needed and requested by the Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Provides administrative assistance to the Administrator and program managers
- Works with Administrator to develop and implement strategies to ensure efficient operations.
- Prepares presentation materials
- Ensures Administrator is prepared for all meetings
- Handles confidential issues for Administrator
- Prepares minutes and follows up on action items when applicable
- Draft, review, and submit correspondence for Administrator approval
- Gathers statistical data to formulate, initiate, prepare reports, and research projects.
- Authority to consult and guide program managers regarding goals and objectives
- Authority to designate work assignments within Administration and monitor for completion.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations and policies that govern the programs administered
- Knowledge of computer software programs
- Knowledge of leadership principles and practices
- Knowledge of data and statistical analysis and reports
- Knowledge of strategy and program goal development
- High comprehensive level of computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Skill in organizing and assisting an administrator in their day-to-day operations
- Skill in reading, writing and proofing documents
- Skill in conducting research for a variety of projects
- Skill in information/data analysis and review
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues
- Ability to effectively compose, proof, and edit various types of correspondence
- Ability to analyze program operations and develop effective management improvement plans
- Ability to prepare and give public presentations
- Experience in formal written communications
- Data analysis and compilation experience
- Driving is required; individuals may be required to use their personal motor vehicle
- A current, valid state issued driver’s license; employee is subject to driver’s license record checks and must maintain an acceptable driving record, valid motor vehicle insurance and registration and complete any required training (see Arizona administrative code R2-10-207.12)
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions
The Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact 602-542-1235 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-364-3981. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.