Seeking a Temporary Accounts Payable Clerk to Join Our Finance Team
Black Rifle Coffee Company is disrupting the US coffee market as a premium, small-batch, roast-to-order, veteran-owned business. We have a love for coffee, dogs, America and, most importantly, our customers! We are more than a product and more than a company, we are a culture. A culture full of motivated men and women who roll up their sleeves and get the job done. We are seeking a someone to assist us temporarily with completing payments to vendors and monthly utilities, verifying and reconciling invoices with purchase orders submitted to processing receipts from purchases as well as processing in-house credit cards, writing checks, and creating invoices for customers.
Black Rifle Coffee Company is experiencing explosive growth and seeks to hire someone temporarily to assist us. This person has a gift for attention to detail. The ideal candidate has a general knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office/Google programs accounting principles, and standards. Ideally someone with Bill.com experience would be a plus.
What You’ll Do as a Temp Accounts Payable Clerk at Black Rifle Coffee:
- Reconcile incoming invoices with existing purchase orders for approval and payment processing.
- Create invoices and receipts to respective accounts for payment to customers.
- Maintain contact with vendors to stay up to date with invoices and reports
- Call vendors to process payments and update billing or contact information
- Accurately file invoices for records keeping
- Tracking all due invoices and upcoming payments via Microsoft Excel spreadsheets for daily reports.
- Match invoices to their purchase orders into accounting program(s) for payment processing
- Pay vendors by scheduling and preparing checks, credit card processing, or direct billing listing.
- Ensure credit is received for incorrect invoices and cancel accounts as necessary.
- Verify, create, and/or update vendor accounts with appropriate data; reconcile vendors monthly for outstanding invoices.
- Maintain discretion to protect the company and its employees by maintaining confidential information.
- Remaining up to date on program knowledge and appropriate tools necessary for success.
- Accurate knowledge of petty cash flow and credit card use.
- General knowledge of navigation in Quickbooks programs, Microsoft Office/Google programs
- General knowledge of accounting principles, standards, and requirements
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SPECIALIZED SKILLS:
- High School Diploma
- General advanced math college courses
- Experience working with Bill.com strongly preferred
- 1+ year job experience in Accounts Payable
- Proficient knowledge in Quickbooks programs and Microsoft/Google programs
- Typing skills at 89+ words per minute
- Ability to excel in high paced environment
- Able to maintain deadlines for tasks and projects
- Detail oriented skills required for multiple document systems
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Required)