Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
The Contract Administrator partners with our physician, clinical and business stakeholders, using a data driven approach to deliver greatest value to our customers. Working closely with our strategic supply chain partner to build and sustain value based solutions across Hartford HealthCare, the role provides critical oversight to all Supply Chain strategic sourcing needs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing and coordinating all Sourcing and Contacting initiatives within assigned product categories.
- Conducting market research, creates category profiles, determine sourcing strategies
- Develops RFI/RFP documents, looks at total cost of ownership, and negotiates contracts including content and terms, for assigned product categories.
- Initiates, directs and participates in cost reduction efforts of the organization including but not limited to standardization, utilization, capitation, benchmarking and product conversion initiatives in order to favorably affect the financial performance of the organization
- Ensure annual savings targets and service expectations are met.
- Manage and develop relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Responsible for collaborating with various levels of hospital and HHC staff to explore cost effective product contracting.
- Negotiates with vendors, contracts and agreements for the acquisition of all services, medical surgical supplies, capital equipment, furnishings and inventory supplies to minimize waste, improve utilization and lower overall cost. Lead various project initiatives, deliver formal presentations to a wide variety of personnel as required.
- Works with clinical, legal and administrative leadership including leading Clinical Quality Value Analysis (CQVA) committee(s) to perform non-salary cost expense analysis, coordinate product evaluations and negotiate contracts for all HHC entities.
- Works with Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) to deliver maximum value to system. Identifies/implements operational and financial opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes toward hospital and department balanced scorecard initiatives and H3W program by leading individual, team and department goals.
- BA in business or related field; Masters in Business Administration of related field strongly preferred
- 5+ years contracting experience required
- Demonstrated success to achieve substantial year over year savings contributions to the organization.
- Previous healthcare Purchasing or Supply Chain Management experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, leadership and project management skills required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff from all levels of a multi-organization health system.
- Must be skilled at using time effectively and bringing diverse stakeholders to consensus.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.