F&B Department Manager/Chef
· Is fully knowledgeable of menu prices, daily specials, and register systems.
· Is aware at all times of guest’s needs.
· Is neatly attired at all times in the required uniform and carriers herself/himself with a professional and congenial attitude.
· Reports to work on time (registering in/out on time card). Checks his/her station for neatness, cleanliness, proper setup, and backup supplies.
· Introduces himself/herself to the guest and provides information concerning daily specials.
· Suggests/prepares cocktails, appetizers, and desserts when appropriate. Utilizes suggestive selling.
· Takes orders promptly and processes them in the kitchen; serves food promptly.
· Ensures that side work at the end of the shift area is completed and checked for accuracy and cleanliness.
· Is knowledgeable of hotel property, including room rates, promotions in the lounge, and local events and attractions.
· Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required.
Physical Demands: Requires ability to walk/stand for entire shift. Requires ability to communicate orally and in writing with guests and co-workers. Requires ability to lift 20 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects up to 10 pounds.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: protection from weather conditions but may experience varying restaurant/kitchen temperatures.
Essential Skills: Requires familiarity with applicable franchise standards and procedures. Requires ability to attend to needs, requests or expressed or implicit needs of people. Must be knowledgeable of and skilled in serving etiquette and be familiar with menu items. Must have ability to utilize simple mathematical skills to total costs and make change.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $6.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Provide excellent customer service by taking orders, preparing them efficiently, and building a rapport with clientele
- Handle card and cash transactions, ensuring that all funds in the cash drawer are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Keep an eye on patron intoxication levels and respond appropriately
- Identify belligerent customers, and work with management when needed to maintain a safe environment
- Clean the bar and the surrounding area of spills and other messes as needed
- Other duties as requested
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift