The Fitness Manager (FM) ensures that the club delivers a high quality fitness experience to all members.
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example for delivering the 24 Hour Fitness Service Promise; manage a clean, friendly and well maintained club.
- Ensure that team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness.
- Hires, trains and develops a strong team of Personal Trainers.
- Responsible for the successful attainment of department targets, including revenue and member retention.
- Point of reference for fitness expertise within the Club.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Staffing and Development
- Conduct weekly (or as-needed) meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals.
- Manage the Personal Trainer schedule.
- Mediates club employee relations matters for all club fitness employees.
- Ensure that all club members have access to a highly trained and professional fitness staff able to provide fitness counseling, training and programs within 24 Hour Fitness standards.
- Ensure that all Personal Trainers are delivering high quality programs to their clients.
- Ensure accurate administration of Personal Training including client files, measurement tracking, and workout programs.
- Regularly train staff on industry updates and coaches personal trainers to be continually successful to ensure that all clients are trained professionally.
- Direct selling, including achievement of personal monthly sales quotas.
- Conduct personal training sessions as necessary.
Certifications / Education Level
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least one National Certification
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External
- 1-2 years as a Personal Trainer preferred.
- Prior management experience in retail/hospitality industry leading 3-10 employees (preferred).
- Consultative sales experience (preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
- leading 3-10 employees: 1 year (Required)
- Personal Training: 1 year (Preferred)
- consultative sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- National Personal Training (Required)
- CPR/AED (Required)
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off