Full Job Description
Do you want to help shape the future of space and satellite operations? Does working with NASA, Air Force Research Lab and the DoD sound exciting? Are you innovative, talented and looking for a career launching pad?
Emergent Space Technologies is a rapidly growing aerospace company providing technology expertise in spaceflight systems to developers of science, military, and commercial spacecraft. Emergent is mission-focused and our engineers work directly with the spacecraft development teams at multiple locations across the United States to develop solutions in autonomy, navigation, guidance and controls.
We are currently seeking a graduate student intern for the Summer of 2020 to join our team in Laurel, Md. You will survey possible attitude sensor models and attitude determination algorithms for implementation in Emergent's advanced simulation environment (ASCENT). You will also verify and improve its existing sensor and noise models. Finally, you will complete a prototype of the attitude determination application in ASCENT and characterize its performance.
- Graduate in Computer Science or Aerospace Engineering with software development experience
- Programming experience/knowledge of C++
- Previous experience using software development kits
- Experience developing and integrating software
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
- Emergent Space Technologies, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package and is committed to assuring applicants and employees are treated fairly without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.