The Pearlstone Retreat Center ignites Jewish passion. Our retreat center, farm, and programs enable and inspire vibrant Jewish life. Engaging Jewish, faith-based, and secular organizations, individuals, and families, Pearlstone Retreat Center serves all ages and backgrounds throughout Baltimore, the Chesapeake region, and beyond.
Pearlstone Center in Reisterstown, Maryland is currently seeking a Pool Manager to work at our facility for the 2018 summer season.
The Pool Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Pearlstone’s swimming facilities, to include staffing, rentals, special events, safety, and cleanliness. Responsibilities include training and supervising the pool staff in all matters of pool safety, operating procedures, customer service; and onsite rentals supervisor.
Competitive candidates must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and current American Red Cross or equivalent Lifeguard Certification, CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification, and AED training. CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification is highly desirable. Previous experience working in a pool operation with a competitive swim program and minimum of 3 years of pool facility supervisory experience are preferred, but we are willing to invest in training the right candidate.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates staff
- Formulates weekly work schedules and rotation schedules for all pool employees
- Purchases pool chemicals
- Maintains proper chemical balance in pools and maintains mechanical equipment in coordination with the maintenance department
- Tracks member usage and guest fee collections
- Provides necessary orientation and training for pool staff
- Enforces pool rules for safety and conduct
- Plans and directs pool specific special events
- Arranges a program of and schedule for private and group lessons
- Represents Pearlstone in activities as required
- Maintains and keeps all necessary records concerning pool attendance, pool chemicals, accident reports, problem-member reports, lifeguard and instructor schedules, etc
- Develops and implements pool safety program
- Assists in pool opening and closing at the beginning and end of season if needed
- Interacts with outside contractors to maintain pool areas
- Manages pool area lost and found articles
- Manages pool area, including lockers and changing rooms for cleanliness
- Maintains presence during special pool events
- Operates pool and surrounding area in compliance with OSHA requirements; maintains all necessary MSDSs
- Attends staff meetings when necessary
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Operations Director
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in pool management preferred
- American Red Cross or equivalent Lifeguard Certification
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification, and AED training. CPO (Certified Pool Operator) certification is highly desirable
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Ability to manage personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and spreadsheets, and good typing skills a plus
- Knowledge of Jewish holidays and observances a plus
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals (familiar with Material Safety and Data Sheets)
Work outside in the heat
Stand for long periods of time
Lift 10-50 pounds
Team lift 50+ pounds
Employment is seasonal starting on or about May 20, 2018 and ending on or about September 3, 2018.
Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.