Since 1949 we’ve maintained a heritage of leadership, innovation, service, and style. With great hope, energy, and a shoestring budget, friends Ebner "Eb" Glooskin and Leonard "Len" Seaman, opened a small "Workingman's" store in New Britain, Connecticut. Their roadmap to success was simple - provide quality products, offer them at fair prices, and deliver it all to customers through great service. On a cold February morning in of 1949 the ﬁrst EbLens would open for business. Little did Ebner and Leonard know that one day their ﬁrst store would be joined by dozens more; not only in Connecticut but throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York State, and New Hampshire. Fast forward through decades of continuous operation, and you will ﬁnd the team at EbLens still working hard to provide the very best retail experience to their customers. After years of supplying all the necessities for work, and a shift into army & navy surplus, today’s EbLens has risen from selling essentials to the whole family to a premiere retail destination delivering the best and most sought after fashion inspired by today’s urban lifestyle. Times have changed since we opened our ﬁrst store, and after years of serving countless customers, we have too. For the latest information on our products, events or promotions check us out at eblens.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But after more than 65 years some things never change. We’d still prefer you drop-in to one of our many convenient locations and see for yourself how Eb & Len are at it again!
EbLens is looking for top Retail Management candidates to help lead New England’s #1 urban clothing and footwear company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Store Manager in the day-to-day management of the store in accordance with overall company policy.
- Provides sales ﬂoor leadership, including coaching, selling techniques and proper zone coverage.
- Involved in the overall merchandising of the store, helping to determine which products to feature, updating various displays and providing direction to sales staﬀ on all merchandising activities.
- Ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met; Manages and motivates staﬀ to increase sales and ensure eﬃciency.
- Ensures work schedules are adhered to and assigns employees to speciﬁc duties
- Deals with staﬃng issues: providing input on; hiring potential staﬀ; employee appraisals and performance reviews; and assists in training and development of staﬀ.
- Ensures timely updates to inventory, including price adjustments, transfers and replenishment of stock upon receipt.
- Responds to customer complaints and comments.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understands forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitors what local competitors are doing.
- Keeps Store Manager apprised of all activities / incidents during his/her shift.
- Previous experience in a retail sales environment with increasing levels of responsibility and a working knowledge of general retail practices and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to anticipate customer needs.
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Good merchandising skills.
- Management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer service environment, preferred.
- Vacation and sick time
- Medical and dental insurance
- Casual dress code
- Employee discount
- Weekly pay