Owens Corning is a global, Fortune 500 Company that has been in business for over 75 years. We have been manufacturing in Santa Clara for over 60 years. We are a market leading innovator of glass fiber technology. In 2014 we earned the Green Cross Award for Safety from the National Safety Council for our commitment to improving health and safety in the workplace. This position is a member of the GMP Union.
Starting wage is $23.34/hr and within five months you will be trained, certified and eligible for a pay rate of $25.85.
The following are some of the basic responsibilities of a Warehouse Person.
- Operates material handling equipment and/or manually transports, loads, stores, re-stacks and consolidates finished goods for warehousing and shipping.
- Performs operator inspection of material handling equipment on each shift; checks fluid levels and various component systems for malfunctions; replenishes fuel and fluid.
- Completes records and reports electronically.
- Visually inspects vans prior to loading. Loads materials according to predetermined load patterns and special considerations (including, but not limited to, customer preferences, multi-drops, etc.). Notifies appropriate personnel of any problems with loading procedures.
- Visually inspects materials prior to loading for quality, packaging, and product codes, etc. Sets aside any damaged or off-quality materials.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any equipment or quality problems and takes corrective action within the scope of the job.
- Unloads vehicles and stores materials in appropriate areas.
- Transfers materials to and from waretrucks. Transports waretrucks to proper storing location and to loading areas.
- Collects any damaged materials from warehouse. Disposes of scrap.
- Assists with inventories.
- Loads finished goods from production lines.
- Activates on board terminal for work assignments; reacts to on screen instructions and inputs responses.
- Performs minor maintenance on forklifts (including, but not limited to, oil, water, blow the forklifts down, etc.).
- Participates in the safety, continuous improvement, communication process, and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by supervision.
Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge and skill.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Know and be able to understand codes for WMS
- Be able to recognize good quality material
- Understand plant safety guidelines and pass all required safety training.
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
Education & Experience
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug free
Essential Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts
- Wearing respirator protection - frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Sitting- frequently
- Standing- continuously
- Twisting and Bending - continuously
- Walking – frequently
- Hand/Eye Coordination– continuously
- Competitive Wage
- Quarterly Bonus of up to 12%
- 401(K) available: Company match of up to 6% on individual contributions PLUS an additional 2% automatically.
- Annual shoe allowance of $100
- Free membership for on-site, state-of-the-art exercise facility
- On-site locker room with lockers and showers
- Complimentary healthy breakfast and lunch daily in on-site cafeteria
- Healthcare, dental and vision insurance available
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.34 to $25.85 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)