ContractEstimated: $93,000 - $130,000 a year
Full Job Description
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a highly motivated Mission Systems Flight Test Engineer 3 to primarily support the E-2D Mission Systems Test program as part of an Integrated Test Team based out of NAS Patuxent River, MD. Candidate will provide support to all flight test activities, to include test planning, real-time data monitoring, post flight data processing, and reporting on test results. Candidate shall display professionalism, leadership, have a strong work ethic, work well with others, and be able to function as member of the E-2D Integrated Test Team. Some travel will be required, to include detachments lasting several weeks. Position is contingent on contract award.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in development of test plans/test cards
- Participate in pre- and post-flight briefs/debriefs
- Provide support to senior engineers to ensure testing is performed safely and efficiently
- Plan test missions, which includes test deck preparation, leading engineering briefs/debriefs, coordination with scheduling, maintenance, and leading the test team through test missions as the link between the test engineers and the test aircraft and crew.
- Provide support for post flight data processing and analysis as required to support mission objectives
- Provide support in generating data releases and reports to be provided to NGC and NAVY engineering
- Travel to Melbourne, FL to work with engineering to develop Weapon System Specification (WSS) modification and test new system software and hardware in the Software integration Lab (SIL)
- Write Discrepancy Reports (DR's) on new software and hardware functionality and work with engineering to determine potential corrections.
- Work alongside Navy Test aircrew to ground and flight test new system hardware and software
- Write post-flight summaries and debrief engineers on success of flight and test points conducted as defined in the test plan