About AQuity Solutions: AQuity Solutions delivers superior clinical and financial results to healthcare provider clients through virtualized services. Headquartered in Cary, NC, AQuity employs over 7,000 clinical documentation specialists throughout the U.S., India, Australia, Canada, and the U.K. for medical transcription, medical coding, virtual scribing, interim management, and Medico-Legal document prep services. With over 45 years of experience, AQuity is recognized as a leading vendor in multiple disciplines.
Position Summary: As an experienced inpatient coder, you will be responsible for providing coding and abstracting for Inpatient services using ICD-10 CM/PCS coding systems. You will use established coding principles, software and your knowledge and experience to assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of the medical record to obtain the appropriate DRG. As a coding professional, we may ask you to mentor new hires by providing education and training. We may need for you to perform other responsibilities when production requirements allow.
- Reviews Medical Records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patients' healthcare encounter
- Selects the principal diagnosis and principal procedure, along with other diagnoses and procedures using UHDDS definition. Ensures appropriate DRG assignment.
- Abstracts appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicits clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by providing education and training.
- Maintains current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic and the Official Inpatient Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Ability to meet productivity standards while maintaining a 95% accuracy rate.
- Assists with other responsibilities when requested.
- Maintains effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
- Must possess CCS, RHIT and/or RHIA credential
- Must have a minimum of 1-year Inpatient coding experience.
Compensation and Benefits: The pay range for this position is $32- $38 per hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to current market conditions, location, education, work experience, certifications, etc. Aquity Solutions offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare, 401k, and paid time off (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements for full-time employees). Aquity Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Certified Coding Specialist (Preferred)
- RHIT (Preferred)
- RHIA (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote