We help build better communities.
Be courteous. Create a positive experience for customers, employees, suppliers and communities.
Be the Guide. Help our customers, employees, and suppliers succeed through trust and partnership.
Be Ambitious. Seek innovative solutions and go the extra mile.
Be Accountable. Act with honesty and integrity.
Be Safe. Protect our customers, suppliers, and employees by cultivating a safety-first environment.
Directs and coordinates the activities of personnel responsible for payroll, accounts receivable and certain financial reporting functions.
Outcomes for Success
- Directs and reviews entries made to the general ledger to ensure financial reports are prepared promptly and accurately.
- Directs and manages the activities of the personnel responsible for the processing of account receivable, division payroll and depreciation accounting systems.
- Oversees the cash management function to ensure proper handling of receipt of funds and transfer of funds to the concentration bank account, as well as reviewing daily disbursements of funds to ensure the accuracy of and timeliness of remittances to make the most efficient use of funds.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets, financial statements, and other financial reports.
- Processes all center operating and capital budgets.
- Prepares for and assists outside auditors in the conduct of the annual audit.
- Maintains the financial section of the procedure manual.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of reports required by governmental agencies and works with state/federal taxing authorities as required in the conduct of periodic audits.
- Pays real estate and personal property taxes.
- Assists the CFO by providing financial information as required to evaluate operating performance.\
- Maintains insurance allocation workpapers
Helps evaluate acquisitions
- Communicate with tax accountants for income tax returns
- Consolidating data and reports from multiple entities
- Maintaining data for reporting systems
- Maintaining corporate filing structure
- SQL and/or programming experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA preferred.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- This is largely a sedentary role.
- Ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that each employee offers his or her services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, TAL Holdings, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as well as a pre-employment drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- accounting: 10 years (Preferred)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Temporarily due to COVID-19