We’re looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to work 1-2 days per week in our Needham office and an additional few hours per week remotely. Over the last 35 years, First American Insurance Underwriters (FAIU) has been a leading national insurance wholesaler/brokerage general agency dedicated to providing great service, solutions, education, as well as partnership to independent insurance advisors, and financial institutions.
- Support approximately 35 employees with various benefits or policy/handbook inquiries, employment or life status changes, employee relations concerns, employment verifications, etc.
- Active role in the talent acquisition process (i.e. posting jobs, screening candidates, coordinating interviews, offer letters, conducting reference & background check screenings)
- Meet with new hires for a benefits/policy orientation; onboarding (processing all new hire paperwork for payroll and benefits)
- Work closely with external payroll vendor on any changes to payroll (time off, salary changes, benefits deductions, new hires, terminations, etc.)
- Provide personnel/employee guidance and HR support as needed
- Manage and administer all employee benefits plans (medical, dental, life, disability, FSA, 401k)
- Maintain legal compliance with Company policies/handbook
- Ability to offer guidance to management on best practices, coaching and providing feedback to employees, etc.
- Manage annual performance appraisal process
- Assist with separations/offboarding, DUA filings
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in human resources
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to develop process improvements
- Excellent active listening and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office