Specific Position Summary:
The Admissions Coordinator (Administrative Support Coordinator II) is responsible for implementation and execution of the application process and providing guidance, direction and support to prospective Executive Masters of Business Administration (EMBA) and MS in Accountancy (MSA) students. The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, arranging and participating in orientation and Information Sessions, student Cohort gatherings, and Social Events. The coordinator will represent Sacramento State’s College of Business Administration (CBA) at Educational Fairs and Informational Fairs and will independently promote and recruit prospective students for the CBA’s Self Support programs. The coordinator will oversee the procurement and purchasing of the EMBA and MSA programs. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for providing personalized attention and guidance to prospective students and Alumni. The coordinator will serve as a liaison to staff, and the Business community, in regards to the operation of the EMBA, and MSA Self Support programs.
The Admissions Coordinator will undertake a variety of intricate interactions and complex projects for the Executive Director for Executive and Professional Programs in the EPP. The coordinator will analyze and handle complex and/or sensitive situations, determine needs and decide how those needs can best be met. Confidentiality is crucial, as the Admissions Coordinator regularly works with personal information and records. The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for upholding and maintaining the numerous University and College’s policies, procedures and standards.
The ideal candidate will be required to present a professional, congenial, knowledgeable countenance, will have superior interpersonal and verbal communication skills, and will have the ability to multi-task.
FLSA Non-Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
Hiring Range $3,115-5,475 monthly
Salary Grade/Range 2
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent? No
Regular or Temporary Regular
Full Time or Part Time Full Time
Pay Plan 12
Work Hours Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; some early mornings, nights, and weekends as needed to meet business need. Some travel required.
The California State University, Sacramento – College of Business Administration (CBA) develops engaged, responsible, and inclusive leaders that enrich communities around the world. The Faculty in the CBA are committed to providing the highest quality of education and serving as resources to its students. Founded in 1947, the CBA offers four graduate degrees and one undergraduate degree. The CBA has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the world leader in business school accreditation and a hallmark of excellence achieved by only 5% of colleges worldwide, since 1963. The CBA is located in California’s vibrant capital city, Sacramento.
Sacramento is one of the most diverse cities in the country that boasts a mediterranean climate with an average of 265 days of sunshine a year. Foodies love the fresh ingredients and inspired dishes of the local Farm-to-Fork movement, outdoorsy types float on the two great rivers or hike along the American River Parkway, cultural connoisseurs embrace the city’s bustling nightlife and arts events. Sacramento is also located within two hours of San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe. http://www.csus.edu/cba/
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
1. Experience with coordination of events.
2. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
3. Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
4. Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
5. Ability to effectively write and present own reports.
6. Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
7. Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
8. Ability to travel and work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed for special events.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
9. Experience working in an institution of higher education.
10. Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
11. Experience with University Computing Systems and/or higher education CRM system.
12. Experience reviewing student applications and providing guidance to prospective students, current students and alumni.
13. Experience coordinating and conducting student outreach and recruitment events.
14. Experience with purchasing/procurement, and business math.
15. Experience analyzing student information and making recommendations.
Valid California Driver’s License and maintenance of safe driving record required.
Is Background Check Required Yes
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
- Selected candidate(s) will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Candidate will be required to provide evidence of degree(s) earned.
Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.