Assist the Product Developer to successfully manage the Development process, end to end, and deliver product on-time. This role will assist the Developer with tactical functions, tracking of the product life cycle via Development and Production WIPs, checking product back to BOMs and standards, and communicating next steps or call-outs internally/externally. The Assistant Product Developer will attend cross-functional meetings (Fittings, line reviews, sample reviews) and support the Developer with both prep work and execution of direction given during meetings. This role will work side by side the Developer, ensuring all components of the product are sent out, developed, received, and approved on schedule in accordance with the master TNA calendar. The assistant will work with the Developer to learn about materials, components, trims, sourcing and costing. This position works on both Men’s & Women’s apparel, across multiple categories. This role will assist with special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
· Daily WIP tracking, analysis and reporting back to Developer any risks or issues to be addressed.
· Reviewing daily emails and updating internal PD WIPs for maintenance and accuracy of product status.
· Assist Developer with FlexPLM set up: Style numbers, specifications, checking accuracy of information from Design being handed off to PD before a TP is finalized and sent out for sampling.
· Checking samples & submits for accuracy against BOM or standards and reviewing with Developer prior to handoff to Design/Tech teams. Updating fit log with receipt of samples.
· Tracking materials/components from initial development handoff through approvals, ensuring on time arrival against key calendar milestones. Work with Developer to analyze submits and create PD POV to work with Design.
· Assist Developer with costing, ensuring cost sheets are received in a timely manner and information is accurate in PLM, Compass systems and reporting tools.
· Attend weekly fittings and assist Developer where needed in communicating information back to suppliers and following up on next steps.
· Attend development meetings and assist Developer in capturing notes and next steps, following up on any changes or revisions needed that impact the tech pack, costing or TNA.
· Track testing of materials, samples and final inspections against TNA and working with Developer as issues arise to trouble shoot and resolve.
· Track and review SMS to ensure on time delivery. Assist Developer with reporting SMS status and receipt.
· Assist Development team in all line review prep work, including checking/updating all worksheets for accuracy, identifying risks in TNA, and preparing Developer to speak to issues during meetings to drive resolution.
· Assist Developer with final costing process: making sure all cost sheets are received, and systems/tools are current.
· Tracking and reviewing bulk submissions and PP samples for accuracy. Tracking/reviewing TOP samples and working with Developer on discrepancies to resolve.
· Assist Developer as needed with off cycle projects.
· Assist Developer with final Tech Pack scrub for SMS and order placement before materials are purchased.
· Assist with data entry/BOM/tracking and receiving responsibilities as needed if Coordinator is OOO.
· Assistant will be trained on system.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must have general apparel knowledge of garments and construction
· Excel, Word, Outlook are required; Illustrator is a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional time management skills
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Detail-oriented and must check their work before handing off
· Basic math skills required
· Team Player, Positive & Flexible Attitude.
· Self-Starter, Proactive, Inquisitive, Creative Problem Solver
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 2-3+ years in Apparel Product Development or Production team
· AA or Bachelor’s Degree
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Product Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job