Sr Legal Counsel - Corporate and Securities(Job Number: 182446)
TCF National Bank is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel to support the Chief Legal Counsel – Corporate and Securities on securities reporting and corporate transactional and governance matters, including proxy statement preparation, periodic securities filings, mergers & acquisitions, and financing transactions. The ideal candidate will have broad corporate experience at a large law firm and/or in an in-house legal department. Experience in the financial industry or another regulated industry would be a positive factor.
· Assuming significant responsibility in the drafting of TCF’s proxy statement, including reviewing substantive disclosure and project management.
· Drafting and reviewing various ’33 and ’34 Act filings (including Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, S-3, S-8, and Section 16 filings).
· Experience with all aspects of M&A transactions, including significant involvement in drafting, negotiating, and closing purchase agreements.
· Supervising other attorneys and professional staff related to TCF’s deferred compensation plans.
· Corporate governance (preparation of board materials, knowledge of Delaware corporate law, SEC independence rules, and entity management filings).
· Responsibility for developing expertise in new areas of law as assigned, and ability to assume responsibility for projects from beginning to end.
· Providing guidance and training to other attorneys, paralegals or interns.
· Accountability for the development, training and results of the supervised staff.
·Law degree (J.D. or L.L.M.).
·Licensed or ability to become licensed in Minnesota.
·A minimum of 4-8+ years related work on SEC and M&A matters in a major law firm or the legal department of a financial institution.
·Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with the following skills:
o Ability to deal effectively and confidently with management and/or attorneys,
o Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
o Strong interpersonal and facilitator skills, and excellent ability to coach and inspire employees and,
o Must have the ability to travel occasionally for meetings.
·Candidates with project management experience and advanced presentation skills.
·Familiarity with deferred compensation plans and willing to supervise their administration.
·Broad-based experience in diverse areas of corporate and transactional law.
·Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements, including IT licensing and other vendor agreements.
·Knowledge of any other substantive legal areas, especially banking.
Build your career with TCF
You have room to grow at TCF. We promote from within whenever possible. You can expand your career in the financial services industry through our network of operations: retail and commercial banking, inventory and equipment financing, and corporate services.
Build a better community with TCF
We are helping make life better in the communities we serve, and we encourage our team members to do so as well. We offer free financial education for teens and adults. Our foundation contributes more than $3 million annually, with preference for organizations where our team members volunteer. We match team members’ contributions to qualified organizations and we match volunteers with organizations that need the time and talents our team members can provide.
Primary Location:USA-Minnesota-Wayzata-Us-Mn-Wayzata- 200 Lake St East
Work Locations: Us-Mn-Wayzata- 200 Lake St East