What is NORY?
Our NORY Core Values of resilience, intuitiveness, and empathy nurture purposeful problem solving in children. We believe these core skills are critical for the next generation. We use STEM, Art, and Entrepreneurship as a vehicle to provide 3-12 year old children with a meaningful learning experience.
NORY Programs at a glance:
- Summer Camps: In 2019, 3000+ campers participated in NORY summer camp in NYC.
- Virtual Classes: We are launching our virtual STEM classes aimed toward 5 - 12 year olds
- School Year: We work with over 35 schools to provide after school and in-school STEM classes throughout NYC.
What it's like to work with NORY:
We are a company that seeks joy in all aspects of our work. We are purpose-driven and we focus on creating high-quality instructional experiences for our Campers and Students. We value innovation in our administration, curriculum design, instructional practices, and educational experiences. We empower our employees to be risk-takers; to try new things that enhance the NORY core values. Above all, we strive to develop our NORY Core Values in all the children we work with by demonstrating them through our daily interactions. We are seeking an enthusiastic educator to join us as a Contract Enrichment Teacher!
What we need from our Contract Enrichment Teacher
- Create a series of 6, 30 minute pre-recorded videos for 5-6 year old children teaching basic Physical Education
- Create a series of 6, 30 minute pre-recorded videos for 7-12 year old children teaching basic Physical Education
- The series should be for beginners and should require no additional equipment beyond what can be found in a home.
- Create pre-recorded videos in your space using your own equipment
- If your videos are received well by our parents and campers, there is potential for additional video creation in the future.
You're the right person for the team if:
- You have experience teaching Physical Education
- You have demonstrated ability to design a logical scope and sequence for this content
- You are a problem solver and creative thinker
- You have excellent communication and explanation skills
- You are an incredible storyteller
- You have a space that is quiet and dedicated to video recording
- You have the equipment necessary to record high-quality videos
To be considered for this position please submit the following:
- a sample 5 minute youtube video link of you giving/teaching Physical Education (link must be included in your resume next to your email). The video does not have to be of you teaching in an actual class--we want to see candidates teach children virtually so your audience will be your screen. Deadline to submit is Jul 20, 2020.
- Please also add your youtube video link in our application form, which will automatically be emailed to you once you submit your resume.
- A cover letter that includes your vision for the scope of the 6-week video series and how you will adjust for the 5-6 year old audience and the 7-12 year old audience. Please also include your qualifications to teach this course.
Compensation: $35 for each 30-minute pre-recorded video (we are requesting 12 videos)
Pay Frequency: On delivery
Job Type: Contract -- one time only
******Deadline to submit sample video is Jul 20, 2020******
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $70.00 per hour
- Physical Education: 1 year (Preferred)