Under direct supervision, processes payment requests, and various refunds into the Medical Center's Accounts Payable System. This includes review of both manual and electronic payment requests and refunds for proper accounting information and completeness, processes requests in the AP system, and handles related departmental inquiries.
Works with the revenue cycle system to reconcile extract files before processing the import files into the AP system. Research reconciliation discrepancies and determine proper course for correction. Manages excel files for vendor updates to revenue cycle system. Runs reports out of general ledger system to perform review of monthly journal voucher logs to ensure all data is compiled and filed. Assists with clerical duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Previous administrative/clerical/office assistant experience, preferably in an accounting or large, complex healthcare environment.
- Proven knowledge of computerized accounting systems with the ability to access, utilize and process information.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc., and web-based computer applications. Excellent proficiency with Excel.
- Solid experience with importing and exporting files from financial systems.
- Demonstrated ability to reconcile and balance accounts. Excellent key entry skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, courtesy, diplomacy and a cooperative attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Skills in organizing and prioritizing work assignments and large volumes of paperwork to meet department deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate the ability to organize tasks in a high volume environment.
Some college education in business or accounting.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs to prepare boxes for storage
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.