Olshan Properties is a privately owned real estate firm that has specialized in the development, acquisition and management of commercial real estate for more than 55 years. The close integration of investment and operating capabilities has given Olshan Properties a reputation as one of the leading private owners of commercial real estate in the country.
The Junior Property Accountant is responsible for assisting in various accounting functions for the Residential portfolio and for all aspects of the Tenant Ledgers for multiple projects; providing financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the accurate and timely recording depreciation across all assigned properties.
- Performs account reconciliations after month-end
- Assist in posting and processing journal entries
- Assist in preparing year-end tax work papers.
- Assist in preparing and process of month end closing journal entries.
- Run quires and reports in MRI and posts to the appropriate folder within Box
- Assist with recording receipt of cash for both commercial & residential assigned properties.
- Checks lockbox daily to record receipt of cash for each assigned project. Prepares updates to cash worksheets.
- Applies cash receipts to tenant ledgers, which may include making adjustments to tenant accounts, daily or as needed.
- Makes collection calls to tenants to encourage payment of past due balances.
- Transfers cash receipt batches in MRI to the General Ledger on a daily basis.
- Processes Rent-up, for each assigned project, on a monthly basis, which includes preparing monthly statements.
- Prepares utility, billback, and late charge invoices monthly.
- Responsible for month end close of RM module in MRI, which includes balancing cash to the RM cash detail and running month end reports and distribution of reports to internal staff and external property staff and ownership
- Tenant contact for AR balances.
- Performs various related financial duties, hands-on support, and other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Protect employer’s privacy and data; keep passwords safe.
Knowledge and Skill
- Ability to communicate with others, identify problems and resolve potential conflicts.
- Must be able to set priorities, plan, organize and accomplish tasks, often within strict time limitations and work well independently.
- Possess excellent computer skills and expertise with MS Excel, Word, Outlook, database software and web-based software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA or requirements met for certification preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in a real estate environment
- MRI experience is requires
Equal Opportunity Employer
Olshan Properties makes all hiring decisions based on an individual's qualification, and conducts all employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age or disability or other protected classes, as provided by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply