1. The SL is responsible for supporting store management in overseeing the operational functioning of the store when a Store Manager is not on the premises – effectively performing “manager on duty” responsibilities. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, driving revenue, proactively overseeing the customer experience, maintaining the expected level of customer service, and executing key holder open/close responsibilities per the company standard. In addition s/he provides support to employees through sharing of knowledge and coaching “in the moment” feedback and ensures that the customer remains the top priority while balancing required tasks and overall store operations.
2. Customer Service, Service-Focused Selling and Product Knowledge: Delivers the Hallmark brand promise through enthusiasm, exceptional customer service and outstanding store standards. Connects with customers, assists them in finding solutions to meet their needs and builds relationships by providing service-focused selling that engages with customers and products. Articulates current promotional events and the brand loyalty program with the customer. Works closely with the Store Manager and other store team members to continually improve the customer experience, learn about new products and services, and drive sales.
3. Operations and Merchandising: Upholds all company policies and practices, including but not limited to, store operation procedures outlined on the CSG Source website, Employee Handbook, and Conditions of Employment. Enthusiastically accepts guidance/coaching from the Store Manager. Follows all directives and performs in a consistent manner with regard to sales, customer service, merchandising, inventory management and loss prevention. The SL has access to store cash and product assets and will be held accountable for maintaining accurate records/deposits. S/he will ring sales and is also required to perform additional point of sale (POS) functions, cash management and inventory management functions. Promotes and maintains a safe working and shopping environment. Utilizes reports to make effective merchandising decisions and sets the store to established standards. Participates in, and leads others in, the processing of shipments, replenishment of the sales floor, and additional operational tasks based on the needs of the business. Conducts POSR audits and other inventory management procedures. Performs all housekeeping duties regularly.
4. Training and Performance: The incumbent will maintain a thorough and on-going knowledge of Hallmark Gold Crown products, services, systems and store operations through various sales associate training programs, initiatives and store development programs. The SL will support the SM as they deliver new hire orientation and customer service and operations training to new employees. Works closely with the SM to understand new policies, operational changes and/or training initiatives. Participates in new technology implementation and training as requested. Performance will be measured in various ways, including but not limited to, sales reports, customer satisfaction benchmarks, overall store appearance, fiscal management, and general attitude and approach to assignments. Feedback on performance may include, but is not limited to, SM, District Manager, corporate leadership, and corporate operations team.
5. Contributes to a positive working environment: Consistently demonstrates values and behaviors consistent with our culture. Assists team members in daily tasks and in customer interactions. Consistently demonstrates the ability to learn quickly, adapt to change easily, seize opportunities, push self and others for results and problem solve successfully. Easily builds relationships and can work with a diverse group of people. Plays an active role in personal growth and development.
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Night shift
- What is your availability by day?
Work Location: One location