- Research and review literature dealing with funds available through grants from governmental agencies, private foundations, and local organizations to determine feasibility for FPSCC.
- Discuss funder requirements with Executive Director and Development Committee, as needed.
- Work with Executive Director, Development Committee, and Treasurer in preparing narrative justification and financial information needed for grant proposal submission.
- Write grant proposal according to format required by funder.
- Submit proposal to Executive Director and Development Committee Chair for approval prior to submitting to funder.
- Meet with funder representatives as needed and set up site visits.
- Ensure that all program objectives, reporting requirements, and special funder requests are met in a timely manner.
- Assist in funder cultivation with the Executive Director and Development Committee Chair.
- Assist in coordinating fundraising events.
- Review grant proposal progress weekly with Executive Director.
- Produce a Grant Status Report for monthly Development Committee Meeting.
- Report on grant proposal statistics as requested.
- Maintain master files on grant proposals.
- Input grant information in FP Force in a timely manner, maintaining a schedule of upcoming grant proposal and report deadlines.
Education and Experience Required
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years of non-profit experience with fund development and grant proposal writing, preferred.
- Strong understanding of individual donor cultivation and donor management.
- Experience using social media platforms for organizational outreach and fundraising.
- Experience leading fundraising events, preferred.
- Knowledge of non-profit fund development techniques and strategies.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and donor and grant proposal management software.
- Experience in online grant proposal request preparation and submission.
- Proven history of effectively functioning in a team setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically the ability to think creatively and produce compelling, appealing copy for use in fundraising.
- High degree of comfort working with technology, from database management to social media platforms.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Strong ethical character capable of handling confidential and financial information.
- Emphasis on accuracy in entering and retrieving data from database.
- Good planning and organization skills with ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to established deadlines.
- Effective time management skills with ability to be flexible.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people.
Job Type: Part-time