Responsibilities and Duties
Position Title: SQL Database Administration
Location Address: Dearborn, MI
We are seeking a SQL Server DBA to administer and support numerous SQL Server databases.
There will be occasional off-shift work to provide on-call coverage (in a rotation) for production-support incidents and to support scheduled changes to applications after hours.
Our DBA team presently supports SQL Server 2005 through 2016 Standard and Enterprise Editions, including features associated with each version.
Position duties include: -
- Reviewing/resolving backup issues
- Installing/maintaining/upgrading SQL Server binaries/instances/databases
- Migrating databases
- Database failovers/recoveries
- Supporting database structure changes and data changes for Application development/testing/deployment
- Supporting SQL Server mirrored databases and Always On clustered environments.
- Enforcing IT policy and security requirements for database access and controls
- Performance tuning with application teams to isolate and resolve performance issues.
- Working with a wide variety of customers that have varying skills and a diverse set of needs
- Working with ticketing systems that coordinate incoming incidents and customer requests
- Working with other infrastructure support teams (O/S admins, web server admins, network admins, etc.)
- Working with change control and ticketing systems to coordinate changes with other infrastructure teams
The applicant needs to have 5 years of recent SQL Server DBA experience (including 2 years experience with SQL Server 2014 or 2016).
The applicant must be able to demonstrate strong technical skills in the use of the components of SQL Server and demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot SQL Server issues.
The individual must be a solid team player with good communication and writing skills.
The applicant must be able to work well with all types of customers.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Knowledge and experience with Catalogic, TDP and TSM
- Writing, testing and maintaining T-SQL and stored procedures as they relate to DBA support
- Writing, testing and maintaining SSIS packages
- Windows administrator knowledge and experience with 64 bit environments
- Experience with SSRS, SSAS and Power Shell
- Writing, testing and maintaining Windows scripts
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 features No
- A bachelor’s degree in an IT field related to database administration
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- SQL Server 2016: 1 year
- SQL Server DBA: 7 years