EnerNOC, a leading provider of technology-based energy management solutions, has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to join our product management team.
This position reports to the Manager of Product Management. The Business Analyst is accountable for ensuring that the team delivers value to EnerNOC’s customer base. The Business Analyst turns the Product Manager’s roadmap into small incremental deliverables and releases, and is responsible for all artifacts and work lists to that end. The Business Analyst prioritizes those work lists (product backlog), and ensures that the Scrum Teams understands the work.
EnerNOC is a leading provider of energy intelligence software and related solutions. EnerNOC unlocks the full value of energy management for utility and commercial, institutional, and industrial (C&I) customers by delivering a comprehensive suite of demand-side management services that reduce real-time demand for electricity, increase energy efficiency, improve energy supply transparency in competitive markets, and mitigate emissions. EnerNOC’s Utility Solutions™ offerings, which include both implementation and consulting services, are helping hundreds of utilities and grid operators worldwide meet their demand-side management objectives. EnerNOC serves thousands of commercial, institutional, and industrial customers worldwide through a suite of energy management applications including: DemandSMART™, comprehensive demand response; EfficiencySMART™, continuous energy savings; and SupplySMART™, energy price and risk management. EnerNOC’s Network Operations Center (NOC) offers 24x7x365 customer support. For more information, visit www.enernoc.com.
- Experience in software product management preferred and/or relevant experience within the product development life cycle
- 2 to 5 years of energy industry experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with data visualization, analysis, data mining and data collection/processing a plus
- Working knowledge of API ecosystems, management and subscription model concepts a plus
- Business acumen, leadership potential, and the ability to drive tough decisions
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and other software development methods
- Ability to work in a fast paced exciting environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA with Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Math, Science, Economics or related field preferred
- Creativity and a sense of humor a must
- Understand EnerNOC’s offerings and how they can be applied to address specific customer needs
- Work with a team of Developers, Test Case Writers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Project Managers, UX Designers, and Business Units to develop new products
- Work with Product Managers to translate market requirements in the form of epics, user stories and acceptance criteria and communicate them effectively to the engineering teams
- Create plans to assure internal and external readiness for new product and feather releases
- Work directly with our engineering teams and represent the voice of customer in the development process
- Ensures that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next
- Develops written acceptance tests and acceptance criteria, reports findings, and helps problem-solving in instances where acceptance criteria are not met
- Communicate and receive feedback from key stakeholders-including Sales, marketing, client services, product management, clients, and prospective clients
- Monitor the design and development of the new product to ensure that it continues to meet the specification