Position Title Adjunct Faculty-Organizational Leadership Program
Job Type Adjunct
The Department of Organizational Leadership Program invites resumes for Adjunct faculty positions.
Teach in the mid-career weekend format Organizational Leadership (ORLD) Ph.D. The potential candidate presence on main campus is extremely vital to the operations of the Department. As a member of the Department of Social Sciences, the successful candidates will:
- Teach selected doctoral level core, specialization, and methodology courses
- Support the Department’s Certificate Programs
- Chair and serve on dissertation committees
- Evaluate comprehensive exams
- Supervise Internships(Fieldwork) and Independent studies
- Assist the department chair and the Director of the ORLD program in the execution of their respective duties (program assessment and evaluation, strategic planning, etc.)
- Engage in aggressive scholarly activities and grants writing
- Serve the university and wider community when possible
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the graduate program director and/or the chair of the Department of Social Sciences.
Course load will be 1 – 2 courses per semester depending on the needs of the department) courses for the academic year.
Classification 25-0000 Education, Training, and Library Occupations
Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership, Sociology, Organizational Behavior or Organizational Psychology, with interest in government, academics, social services and/or healthcare. One of the position requires Quantitative research methods and statistics as one area of expertise, while the other position requires Qualitative methods and analysis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Proven teaching excellence credentials, especially for adult graduate students; has served as dissertation and academic advisor; superior collegiality, and the ability to work as a team member. Excellent communication skills.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must be able to show acceptable documentation establishing the right to accept employment in the United States of America without employer sponsorship.
Salary Commensurate with experience.