Temporary Senior Lighting Artist-Treyarch
Temporary Senior Lighting Artist
We are on the hunt for an exceptional temporary Lighting Artist to join our team. Our ideal candidate should have a passion for making games, with a technical understanding and focus on realistic lighting. Additionally, our ideal candidate would also be able to show examples of lighting they have done for other AAA titles. We will consider both senior and mid-level candidates.
What youll be doing:
The skills/experience youll need:
- Responsible for creating game-play and in-game cinematic lighting based on direction from the Art Director and Lighting Lead for campaign and multiplayer.
- Ensure a high level of quality while maintaining a full production load.
- Ensure that lighting assets meet runtime and disk budgeting requirements.
- Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, especially Environment, Character, and VFX.
- Work in and maintain an efficient organization structure for all lighting assets.
- Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
- Demonstrating a high level of creativity and independence.
Its a big plus if you have:
- Experience in lighting environments and characters with an understanding of game play implications.
- Understanding of lighting fundamentals.
- Knowledge of color theory and strong sense of light and shadow.
- Understanding of composition and the ability to enhance mood with lighting.
- Photoshop experience.
- Must be proactive and work well in a large team environment.
- Excellent communication/collaboration skills.
- Ability to follow design reference and ability to work with wide range of styles.
- Shipped 3 or more AAA game titles (for Senior Level, 2 or more for mid-level).
- 5 years of industry experience.( for Senior Level 3 or more for mid-level).
- Experience with PBR & HDR rendering.
- Radiant experience.
- Basic understanding of game scripting.
- Effectively use Color Grading and Post Effects to enhance the final image.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studios most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Dutys Zombies.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.