Clark State College serves more than 6,500 students throughout the College's four campus locations in Springfield, Beavercreek and Bellefontaine, and Xenia Ohio as well as our extensive offering of online classes. Because Clark State strives to facilitate a culture that recognizes, embraces, and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, diverse applicants are greatly encouraged to apply.
A full-time, 12-month, mathematics faculty and lab coordinator position is available starting August 1, 2021.
The math lab coordinator teaches two math lab course sections each semester in fall and spring, and one math lab course in the summer along with lab coordinator responsibilities. The successful candidate will use a learner-centered approach to teaching that incorporates active learning strategies and technology to enhance student learning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hiring, training and overseeing student and professional tutors working in a math lab setting
- Overseeing adjunct faculty teaching in the math lab setting
- Math instruction, course development
- Student academic advisement
- Assessment of student learning
- Working closely with math staffing/scheduling coordinator to assign adjuncts and tutors to math lab sections and open lab tutoring sessions
- Conducting and updating student and adjunct orientation to math lab environment each semester
- Assisting students with continuation into next level course or a change of course when needed
- Updating and maintaining math lab handbooks
- Assisting students and faculty with use of computer interface
- Ensuring appropriate communication with students, faculty, and staff regarding the math lab
- Responding to student requests related to the math lab in coordination with the staffing/scheduling coordinator and Dean
- Participation in college-wide initiatives
Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience, salary range for instructor level faculty is $48,480 - $72,720.
- Ability to positively direct students in their learning
- Management and leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience with web-based adaptive learning systems (e.g. MyLab Math, ALEKS)
- Knowledge of preparatory college and college level math curriculum
- Ability to write handbooks and other instructional documents effectively
- Ability to work in teams
- Flexibility to teach day, evening, and/or weekend hours as needed at the College’s campuses in Springfield and Beavercreek. Position reports to the Dean of Arts and Sciences and is located at the main campus in Springfield, OH.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume/vitae, employment application and copies of transcripts formatted in PDF or Microsoft Word via email.
Reference the position title in the first line of the cover letter.
Clark State strives to facilitate a culture that recognizes, embraces, and reflects the diversity of the communities it serves. Diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE/AA
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $48,480.00 - $72,720.00 per year