BOONE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, INC.
Reports to: Mark Linville, Chief Operating Officer
Employee Name: ___________________________
To plan, organize, supervise, coordinate and control the activities of the plant operations and maintenance functions which are necessary in maintaining the physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utilities and grounds of this hospital in an operative and safe working condition. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Assures competency of all personnel. Assists in formulating the budget. Maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all TJC, state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
The Director of Maintenance is responsible for developing, implementing and assigning maintenance employees to general mechanical/electrical/cable repairs and duties as well as other maintenance services as needed. The director is responsible for skilled craft repairs that can be performed on location or to secure the services of a proper vendor to make necessary repairs.
- Review the maintenance check list manual and complete Daily/Weekly visual maintenance checks and hands on equipment checks.
- Complete monthly inspection checks in accordance with maintenance department policy.
- Complete quarterly inspections which consist mainly of outside maintenance contracts with companies who inspect or repair equipment regularly and inspections pertaining to procedures within the hospital.
- Reports to the Chief Operations Officer regarding the physical and structural conditions of hospital facilities and the status of work in progress.
- Monitors departmental personnel matters to include interviewing and the hiring of new staff, training, evaluating work performance, promotion, counseling, discipline and termination. Directs the grievances of employees to the Human Resources Director for final disposition.
- Develops, evaluates and implements: departmental policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and standards of work for the maintenance department. Monitors repair of medical equipment, buildings and building systems.
- Participates in the development and applications of standards of quality and productivity for the Maintenance Department.
- Administers and implements the preventative maintenance program to ensure uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant. Monitors it applications to assure maximum effectiveness and provides appropriate documentation of the same.
- Coordinates the repair of equipment or recommends the replacement of or additions to hospital equipment as necessary.
- Works closely with other departments and administration. Negotiates priorities, plans work schedules, and prepares job assignments, orders materials, supplies and parts. Recommends use of outside specialty contractors as circumstances indicate.
- Schedules and supervises maintenance repair work, alterations, trash removal, remodeling, minor construction, installation and servicing of mechanical and electrical equipment and building systems.
- Maintains an inventory of parts and supplies to maximize the operational readiness of hospital building systems and equipment with due respect to the limitations of cost, regulations and relative priorities.
- Responsible for the selection and coordination of all maintenance service contractors and ensures all contractual provisions are met along with established codes.
- Responsible for developing the annual operating budget, which includes personnel, equipment, materials and supply needs. Continues to monitor budget throughout year.
- Performs preventative maintenance programs of fire alarm system according to National Fire Prevention Association criteria. Responsible for the development of policies and procedures relative to fire and safety.
- Maintains records, audits time cards and prepares statistical and operating reports. Participates in performance improvement and information management programs.
- Oversees the daily performance and grounds care of the hospital to assure a uniform and satisfactory landscaped appearance.
- Maintains compliance with JCAHO, federal, state and local standards and regulations.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and JCAHO regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Attends annual review and performs departmental in-services.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Repair or replace any and all defective/outdated building materials, plumbing or electrical devices within the hospital or to rental buildings, etc.
- Maintain Test of Safety records for sprinkler system, smoke detector devices and pull stations. Conduct fire drills as mandated.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety and infection control.
- Effectively and consistently communicate administrative directives to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department. Represents the hospital in a positive and professional manner.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS:
- Keep lawns mowed and neatly trimmed.
- Keep shrubs neatly trimmed.
- Keep trash receptacles emptied regularly as needed.
- Keep parking lots clear of debris.
- Keep parking lots, walks and outside walking areas outside hospital clear of ice and snow during winter months. This also includes rental buildings, etc.
- Complete regular maintenance on all laundry equipment including washers and dryers.
- Complete regular maintenance on building to include electrical, plumbing, painting and repairs.
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related discipline. 3+ years’ experience in a facilities management position. Strong understanding of hospital control systems. Able to read and understand complex electrical, mechanical and automation systems. Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems. Demonstrated leadership skills. Impeccable verbal and written communication skills. Excellent project management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to perform various motor skills such as; standing or sitting for long periods of time, walking, lifting (up to 50 pounds) using proper lifting techniques, stair climbing, reaching, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, squatting, grasping and arm-hand coordination on a continuous basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Facilities Management: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts
- Gym memberships or discounts